The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
We are looking to engage a student on internship basis to provide operational support to the accounting and finance planning and monitoring unit. The student will gain experience in recording transactions, keeping financial records, reporting, legal document management and analyzing financial information.
• Support the processing payments vouchers and ensure proper support documents are attached.
• Review of supplier invoices for proper documentation.
• Support the processing of travel advance request vouchers and reviewing legalizations from staff.
• Support the processing of partner payments.
• Support the timely reconciliation of month end bank balances between cashbooks and banks statements.
• Ensure proper filing of accounting records for easy retrieval and offer support during audits.
• Retrieval and scanning of support documents for project audits.
• Support the analysis of commitments on a quarterly basis.
• Support the Creation of AEC’s and registration of budgets.
• Recent graduate or continuing student preferably enrolled in a Business Administration Degree (Accounting/Finance Option) or any relevant field.
• Good oral and communication skills.
• CPA qualification is an added advantage
• Ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload
• Good communication skills with a positive attitude and a strong service orientation
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Commitment to the Alliance’s mission and core values.
Terms of employment
The internship position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and it will be for an initial period of three (3) months, with a possibility of renewal for a further three (3) months depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include Ref No. 102156 Finance Intern as the position applied. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting.
The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Closing date for applications: 29th October 2021
We invite you to learn more about us at: http://alliancebioversityciat.org
Accounts Receivables Intern at SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent
Accounts Receivables Intern
Reporting to: Finance Team Lead
Tenure: Full Time
About The Role
Reporting to the Team Lead – Finance, SunCulture is seeking an Accounts Receivable intern who will be responsible for keeping up to date records of all pending and paid disbursements from clients, ensuring that clients are invoiced on time and ensuring that all payments done and received in the correct account and according to contract.
- Ensure Invoices have correct information, approval and allocation of the same.
- Preparation of payment receipts upon request.
- Managing and ensuring AR issues are resolved at first level escalations.
- Ensure the company is statutory compliant by remitting statutory deductions on a timely basis..
- Weekly Meeting with Unleashed team to discuss Invoicing and AR.
- Customer statements reconciliation
- Ensure proper accounting hygiene by ensuring all Accounts Receivable files are stored properly and in a neat and tidy manner.
- Prepare mobile money reconciliation reports within the deadlines set.
- Assist auditors during audit verifications.
- Payment logging on the ERPs.
- Any other finance-related role assigned from time to time by your reporting head.
Does This Sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA-3) certificate is preferred.
- 1 year of Accounting work experience.
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication, and IT skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have the ability to handle pressure, meet deadlines
- Be organized and be an expert in time management
- An agile trainer capable of training and being trained and be very resilient and flexible
Feels like the right move?
Please submit your resume online through this portal by September 15, 2021, and we will most definitely get back to you on whether or not you made the cut.
Good to Note
At SunCulture, we are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
APPLY FOR INTERNSHIP
Finance Intern at Vivo Activewear
A retail clothing business that was started in 2011. Initially inspired by a love for dance and fitness, Vivo has grown from focusing on dance and fitness gear, to now offering a full range of clothing styles that include both smart and casual, party items, beachwear, and travel wear.
Are you an achiever, a leader, a visionary and extremely talented in your area of expertise?
Do you love having fun with a purpose while making those around you look and feel great?
Do you like exploring your potential, eliminating boundaries and pushing out the edges of what you can be?
Then Vivo might be your next career home!
Our culture thrives in embracing diversity and rewarding performance in the workplace as well as emerging strongly in the ever-evolving world of fashion.
Well, if you fit the profile, what are you waiting for?
Proceed to the information below to find out more about the role.
- Ensure monthly reports are generated on time.
- Facilitate other departments’ in running their day to day activities.
- Enhance the relationship with our suppliers and service providers
- Reduced Operating cost
- Timely production of monthly reports
- Reduced invoice clearance time.
- Accuracy of accounts
- Increased efficiency in bookkeeping process
- Handling petty cash. Share Petty cash summary daily by COB highlighting any pending settlement/invoice
- Make payments via Mpesa and monitor movement of funds in Mpesa platform
- Maintain an updated filing system with proper coding
- Reconcile Trade debtors accounts (including rent, service charge prepayment /deposits)
- Prepare, process and reconcile petty cash for our Branches.
- Updating all cash transactions on Quickbooks and ensuring that various transactions are posted to the right accounts.
- Receiving cash invoices/receipts/supporting documents from staff and confirming legibility.
- Handle corporate sales. Prepare Quotations, fiscalised invoices, Delivery notes, LPO’s, Filing of this documentation and posting them in the appropriate ledgers.
- Post all petty cash journals for the Branches
- Perform Stocktake and Stock Cycle counts
- Assist departments where finances are required
- Assist during external audit process
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keen to detail
- Openness to learning
- Reliable individual
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting/ finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution
If you believe you are the right person for the position and would like to work in the finance department, kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2021. The subject of your email should be “Finance Intern’’.
We would love to respond to all your applications but due to a large number of applications received for advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vivo Activewear Ltd does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process. We do not share your information with any third party without your consent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, political belief or affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or genetic information, in any of our programs, activities and operations.