Computer Science Internship, Business and Information Technology Internships, Information Technology Internships,
Information Technology (I.T) Internship at Deloitte Consulting
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About Tujenge Jamii Project
The Tujenge Jamii project is a five-year USAID funded service delivery project, providing HIV care and treatment, as well as services in the area of family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). The project is focused on increasing the use of county-led health and social services in four counties in Kenya, namely Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu and Nakuru.
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV prevention services.
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV treatment services.
- Increased access and demand for quality FP/RMNCAH, nutrition, and WASH services.
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners, and communities to deliver quality health services.
Main purpose of the job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join the Tujenge Jamii Project as an Information Technology (I.T) Intern to be based at the Nakuru Office.
- I.T user support for USAID Tujenge Jamii project in the Nakuru office and other satellite offices as may be required;
- Configuring new computers and routine maintenance of computers and other equipment for optimal performance;
- Train users on new technologies;
- Assist to carry out networking,, setup of switches and configuring of routers;
- Ensure that company data is safely backed up to OneDrive and SharePoint;
- Providing specifications for computers, printers, scanners, tablets and internet services and confirming the same during the procurement process;
- New staff orientation on use of I.T resources including the email system, policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Daily monitoring of the servers to ensure that all equipment run optimally;
- Keeping an up to date inventory of I.T items;
- Liaise with service providers to ensure that service level agreement is always achieved; and
- Serve as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology or Business and Information Technology.
- Minimum KCSE overall grade of B+, with a B+ in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- I.T related professional qualification: Microsoft Certified Professional, A+, N+, CCNA or other recognized and current I.T certification will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux Operation Systems.
- Strong work ethics and attention to detail.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Independently assists team to deliver services within defined strategic objectives.
- Budgets / Profitability – Effectively uses time, equipment and resources.
- Development/ growth of team – Actively work to address identified technical skills.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease; and
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Excellent accounting skills;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Seeks to understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and Deloitte Global.
Talent development – Demonstrate commitment to personal learning and development; understand own potential role as a brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Closing date: 14 January 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.