PYTHON DEVELOPER ATTACHEE
PYTHON DEVELOPER ATTACHEE
Company: Zalego Academy
Experience: No experience,
Gross Salary: Stipend
StepWise is partnering with Zalego Academy to hire a Python Developer Attaché.
StepWise is making an impact by providing people with physical disabilities in the developing world with meaningful employment in the digital economy. Our highly motivated and skilled teams located in East Africa perform data processing tasks such as transcription and digitization, data labelling and annotation for machine learning and artificial intelligence data sets, and content moderation.
StepWise has offices in Austin, Texas and Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Job:
Zalego Academy in collaboration with Stepwise are pleased to announce the Zalego ICT for Youth Annual Internship Program. Zalego is a leading capacity building company and a leading Industry based training provider offering a wide range of skill based, hands-on programs that are tailored for the Kenyan ICT sector. With the rapidly changing technology, it is critical to mentor candidates and equip them with digital skills so they can quickly transition into the constant changes in the industry.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive proper consideration, applications must be submitted directly via the Institution’s career site. Applications submitted via any other source will not be considered.
The selected attachees will be involved in real-world, cutting edge technology projects that benefit both the intern and the companies that support our program. Interns focus on agile software development and in critical areas of focus for partner companies.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate/graduate student in good academic standing
- Must uphold, enforce, and abide by all institutional policies.
- Preference given to students with working knowledge of TCP/IP, Microsoft office, and introduction to cybersecurity certification.
- Preference given to students enrolled with a concentration in Information Technology or majoring in Computer Science.
- Preference given to students who have successfully completed Zalego’s Cyber Security course.
- Proficient in Python programming
- Knowledge in Vue, React, Bootstrap, Node.js or Angular.js is an added advantage
- Web design or UX background
- Knowledge in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid), preferably Django.
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Strong problem solving and business process skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit hrmis.zalegoacademy.ac.ke.