About the organization
The International Maize and Wheat ImprovementC Center known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT® (www.cimmyt.org), is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries and through offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Through strong science and effectivep partnerships we create, share, and use knowledge and agricultural technologies to increase foods security improve the productivity and profitability of farming systems, and sustain natural resourcesi indeveloping countries. We participate in an extensive global network of people and organizations who share similar research and development goals, including the public and private sector, nongovernmental and civil society organizations, farmers, and the development assistance community.
CIMMYT is hosted by World Agroforestry (ICRAF), a member of the CGIAR that is headquartered on United Nations Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya.
We invite you to learn more about CIMMYT and World Agroforestry by accessing our web sites: http://www.cimmyt.org and http://www.worldagroforestry.org.
To support timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services that results in added value to CIMMYT and meets the standards of International best practice, donor and CIMMYT regulations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Assist in liaising with respective suppliers to request for quotations.
• Conduct analysis of quotations as per stipulated procurement policies and procedures to identify the best buy.
• Assist in expediting of orders with suppliers to enhance efficiency.
• Assist in receiving goods and prepare Goods Receipt Note (GRN)for payment processing.
• Participate in the tendering process as directed.
• Assist in taking of minutes during procurement related meetings for record and inform future activities.
• Assist in processing requisitions in procurement to serve users.
• Provide support in any other procurement processes as directed to achieve set objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or a related field.
• Diploma by CIPS or KISM.
• Computer literate with high-level competency in the standard business software. Excellent computing skills: EXCEL, MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint highly desirable.
• Possess high degree of ethics, integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
Terms of offer
• This is a Temporary position. ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency,
commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 6 months with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya.
To apply for this job please visit worldagroforestry.org.