REGION HEAD – RIFT VALLEY REGION (NAKURU OFFICE)
Purpose of the position:
To provide the overall management and administration of the WCK Region office and its facilities
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Oversee the overall management of the Regional office and its facilities
· Effective and efficiently oversee all the conservation education and awareness activities, programmes and initiatives within the region.
· Plan, manage and control the regional office budgets for various projects and conservation educational programmes;
· Plan, Coordinate and organize the regional office operational activities and its related services
· In charge of fundraising and resource mobilization for the region’s various projects and initiatives
· Promote and market the organization products and services in regions including the accommodation facilities
· Ensure effective communication with WCK members, clients, communities, contractors and suppliers.
· Provide effective leadership to the region’s office staff
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
· At least eight (8) years working experience five (5) of which must have been in conservation and/or environmental management related fields
· Bachelor’s degree in the field of Conservation science, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources & Wildlife Management on related fields
· Certificate in any of the following fields: Project management, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Environmental Management or Business Development from a recognized institution
· Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution; and
Proven experience as a self- driver with a valid driver’s license
· Must be flexible and able to adapt and manage new changes into the programmes
· Excellent marketing & financial management skills and knowledge
· Must have skills in taking initiative, thinking creatively and working collaboratively
· Demonstrated experience skills in project management
· Must have proven skills and abilities in proposal writing and Fund raising
· Must be commitment and enthusiasm for environmental conservation and sustainable development
How to apply: Interested and qualified persons should submit their application letter and detailed CV via email to email@example.com Quoting Reference: RH/NKR/WCK/2021
· Applications must be received on or before 15th September 2021.
· Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.