British Army Training Unit Kenya (BATUK)
Vehicle Mechanic (VM) Jobs at British Army Training Unit Kenya (BATUK)
British Army Training Unit, Kenya (BATUK) delivers world leading infantry training in Kenya with the Kenyan Defense Forces (KDF) under the Defense Cooperation Agreement (DCA) with the Kenyan Government.
Vehicle Mechanic (VM)
5 x Vehicle Mechanic (VM)
The mechanical inspection/repair of B vehicles.
Only those who meet the below qualifications should apply for the post, also attach/download your CV, CORRECT NAMED Certificates and testimonials.
- Completion of AF G1084B/JAMES (Job Card) during/after repair. All work to be carried out in accordance with (iaw) procedures and standards as stated in Army Equipment Support Publications (AESP’s) and or manufacturers repair manuals.
- Locate and demand spares using appropriate AESP and manufacturer repair manuals. Working as part of a repair team and as an individual. Comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
- Comply with engineering hygiene standards ensuring that all tools on charge are serviceable and accounted for. Drive and operate equipment’s whilst under inspection. Comply with Engineering Management System (EMS).
- Carry out monthly toolbox checks iaw Defence Logistic Framework (DLF).
- Clean work areas.
- Carry out manual handling tasks.
- Carry out Audits when required as directed by the CoC.
- Any other ad-hoc duties commensurate with grade as directed by the line manager. Carry out any other duties commensurate with the trade/grade as directed by the MLM.
- Must hold a full valid Kenyan driving licence and be capable of passing the BATUK Matrix Test and be prepared to drive military vehicles.
- Knowledge in ICDL. Kenyan Trade Test Class 1 certificate in trade discipline (equivalent to C&G grade
- Computer Qualified/Experienced on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- An excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- The individual in this job must be honest and have integrity.
- They must possess excellent communication skills, be punctual, and be willing to work as part of a multi-ethnic team.