Location: Kenya, Kenya
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency.
Our mission is to provide affordable access to high quality food and grocery across African cities.
Our ambition is to modernize Africa’s urban informal retail by using technology, to aggregate demand and help create an efficient supply chain that makes food and grocery more affordable.
We are looking for an experienced agronomist to make sure the farm operations are running smoothly by ensuring excellent business and plant management practices are adhered to. To be successful for this role, you must be ready to work in a fast-paced environment, be knowledgeable on G.A.P and able to manage work pressure and priorities.
- Manage the overall operations of the farm
- Organize and coordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities
- Aid in sharing and training proper agricultural procedures and techniques to assure high quality production and good grower relations.
- Maintains crop records of all fields/productions in a timely manner, including updating crop estimates, and suggestions.
- Maintain complete records of all crop expenses for budget purposes.
- Demonstrate ability and confidence in systems and hardware provided to efficiently collate crop monitoring information and provide safe and legal remedial applications
- Undertake regular visits to members’ farms to a schedule agreed with each individual member and Senior Regional Agronomist prior to the commencement of each season, to include;Pest and disease monitoring report
- Control recommendations
- Crop notes and photos to be communicated to the grower highlighting specific issues
- Organise and participate in taking of soil or substrate, plant, leaf or sap samples, for testing.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must have good computer skills, being able to effectively use Excel, Word, and email for correspondence, along with mobile,
- Must have good communication skills, including both oral and written presentations.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an agricultural field.
- Minimum of three years of field work experience within the agronomy industry preferred
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture
- Customer Focused: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Negotiation and Influencing Others: Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties. Using interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward higher levels of performance.
- Business Acumen: Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can meet current and future business needs. Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
- Building ad Growing Relationships: Builds collaborative alliances and strategic relationships to achieve common goals. Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Planning and Organising: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Passion for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Decision Making: Obtaining and comparing information from multiple sources to identify alternative solutions; committing to an action after analysing potential solutions against decision criteria; considers the wider business impact of the decisions.
- Coaching and Developing Others: Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can meet current and future business needs. Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
- Facilitating Change: Identifying and driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services. Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities. Level 3
- Strategic Thinking: Establishing and committing to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, and organizational values.
We’re hiring countrywide. Send your CV with the role you’re applying for as the subject.
Twiga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. Twiga does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to email@example.com or to our hotline on +254 (0) 709 258 000.