Reports To: Regional Officer, Western
Work Station: Kisumu Office, with regular travel to the field
Duration: 1 year
Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
TI-Kenya has established Regional Offices in Kisumu, Eldoret, Mombasa and Nairobi to enhance its presence and impact in these regions. The Regional Offices incorporate the Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALACs) established in collaboration with partners as a strategic initiative aimed at empowering citizens to actively participate in the fight against corruption and demand for accountability.
Under the supervision of The Regional Officer, the Programme Assistant will offer support to the Western Regional Office to ensure successful implementation of the projects, providing programme support and assisting in logistical tasks, monitoring and documentation. This is in line with the overall programme objectives of TI- Kenya’s strategic goals.
More specifically, the tasks will include the below;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project implementation
- Ensure logistical and administrative preparation of all project activities including advocacy meetings, workshops and public forums, and ensuring production and or documentation of activity reports and minutes;
- Carry out desk review to support gathering of information to support project implementation. This will vary from one project to another;
- Assist in conceptualization and documentation of joint advocacy initiatives of the County Coalitions for Good Governance and Civil society networks;
- Assist in review and analysis of information gathered to inform proposed interventions by the Programme.
2. Project management and reporting
- Assist in the design of projects and work plans to ensure their successful implementation to achieve overall programme objectives and TI-Kenya strategic goals;
- Assist in preparation of donor and programme reports; monthly, quarterly and annual report;
- Support management of programme budgets; monitoring expenditures, identification of gaps and proper accounts to donor funds;
- Support the identification and recruitment of qualified service providers including procurement of assets/utilities and consultants for tasks specific to the programme;
- Ensure that all vendors, suppliers and consultants are paid on a timely basis;
- Support the review and dissemination of the programmes technical documents;
- Support coordination of programme activities including meetings, forums, workshops, trainings and production of reports and minutes.
3. Partnership development and coalition building
- Support the mapping out of relevant stakeholders to support successful implementation of new and existing projects;
- Convene stakeholder meetings to support implementation of the projects;
- Work with relevant partner coalition and networks to develop collaborative programme strategies;
- Develop links and share experiences with relevant stakeholders to promote and mainstream transparency to achieve TI-Kenya’s vision and mission;
- Maintain an up-to-date list of contacts and profiles of partners and stakeholders relevant for the Western Regional Office.
4. Resource mobilisation
- Provide technical support to the Regional Officer in researching for and developing exceptional proposals and/or concepts for financial support and sustainability of the office.
5. Public Communication and Social Media Advocacy
- Maintain an active presence on social media that is interfaced with TI-Kenya’s presence in line with the organisation’s social media policy and guidelines;
- Assist in project documentation including maintaining a photo database for all activities and ensuring a comprehensive record of all undertakings (Including documents, minutes and reports);
- Support publicity campaigns, including providing logistical support for all media engagements for the office.
6. ALAC Support
- Support the Western Regional Officer in undertaking legal aid at the office and in the field
- Update the client data base and proper keeping of clients records.
7. Contribute to team effort by performing tasks assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in any of the following fields; Economics, Public Finance, Development Studies, Law, Human Rights, International Relations, Social Studies or other related field from a recognised university;
- At least two (2) years of proven experience in participatory community-based approaches,
dissemination strategies, research and advocacy skills, legal aid, community mobilization and organization;
- Computer literacy- Understanding of data entry, basic computer skills and knowledge of databases.
- A person of high integrity that will model TI-Kenya’s core values;
- Proven experience in community mobilization and an interest in the anti-corruption sector;
- Ability to productively interact with different stakeholders and citizens to advance TI-Kenya work;
- Familiarity with advocacy and communications strategies and tools;
- Result oriented, team player and self-motivated;
- Ability to multi-task, with tight deadlines/schedules and attention to detail;
- Excellent Writing, Research, Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong networking, leadership skills & a team player;
- Highly organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and consistently produce high quality work.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the questionnaire by clicking the link: https://forms.office.com/r/1vH3RyXcue . Further instructions include submitting one properly labelled PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference Programme Assistant-Western Region as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th June 2021.
TI-Kenya holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy towards all forms of Sexual Exploitation, Harassment and Abuse (SEAH) in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. TI-Kenya has strict policies which outline the expected behavior, code of conduct and responsibility of all persons acting on behalf of TI-Kenya and is committed to safeguard children and vulnerable adults. If selected, we will perform a background check on you and request that you submit a police certificate of good conduct.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on the ability to perform the required job duties. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates who qualify to the next recruitment stage will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents.