Techsavanna has provided a wide range of ICT services and software for Property Management, Project Management, Energy Management and Financial Management in diverse industry and client profiles. In Eastern Africa the firm has offices in Nairobi, in the region the firm comprises of with a total staff force of over 100.
1. Solution Architect
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Use appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture to maximize the return on technology investment, participate in governance/stewardship of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices Architecture (MSA), Application Programming Interface (APIs) artifacts and definitions, including enterprise services, API management, data, business events/topics, contracts and associated publish/subscribe participants.
- Specify and design large or complex systems, select appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure they are applied effectively.
- Review others’ and Vendor systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options and assess and manage associated risks and ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Contribute to selection policy for architecture components, weigh alternatives and identify the most effective solutions taking into account wider business context, explore a range of possibilities and creative alternatives to contribute to systems, process and business improvements and finally implement systems and processes that underpin high quality research and analysis.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies, identify new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products and potential value to the organization.
- Document policies, procedures and reference architectures on Intranet and communicate updates to appropriate staff. Provide best practice recommendations for project implementation and designing policies and procedures to support the recommendations.
- Attend code reviews to ensure that platform-specific standards and best practices are followed.
- Provide team support in project delivery; systems development, solution architecture Design, architecture reviews, architecture assessment, component development, ICT tools evaluation, vendor review, employs modeling as a framework; mentorship guidance, manage team expectations, organize for one on one sessions and manage communication within the team with regard to timely project updates.
- Ensures that the solution architectures align with the roadmaps established by enterprise architecture, and that they adhere to the enterprise architecture principles.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Statistics, Actuarial Science and/or related fields
- 4 years’ professional experience in IT solution architecture, development of APIs on Enterprise service bus (ESB), Docker and Kubernetes experience is desirable
- Solid grasp of design patterns and principles, particularly Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservice Architecture (MSA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA).
- Excellent software development skills – Java, Spring framework, JBoss, Websphere Application Server, C#, Oracle databases, DevOps, SOA/ESB, Cloud based solutions (AWS, Azure or Google) Android, REST, XML/RPC, CORBA, Business process management (BPM), Active MQ, Kannel
- Experience on systems Core Banking Systems and integrations to Mobile money transfer, USSD/SMS, Omni Channel, Internet Banking, ERP, CRM and other systems in a financial services ecosystem a MUST.
- Familiarity with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and possesses knowledge of ancillary technologies in use at, such as Java, Eclipse, Oracle, or an ability to quickly learn any of these if needed.
- Possesses a strong customer service attitude, excellent communication skills, exhibits a passion for learning and continuous improvement. Takes responsibility for acquiring new skills and broadening knowledge
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization of defined standards and processes with entrepreneurial flair with strong business acumen.
- High level of mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills, logical, analytical and investigative mind, together with creative abilities, A wild duck – out of the box thinker.
- Ability to handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail.
2. Integration Developer
Role Purpose: Responsible for analysis and development of integrations and ETL/ELT processes, dashboard visualization and reports to support business requirements.
Must be able to work with 3rd Party system vendors, functional business analysts, business process owners and other technical team members in supporting applications integration design, development and maintenance. Should be capable of executing requirements and design specification into development deliverables.
- A broad and deep understanding of web services automation implementation and support of SOA best practices in agile banking environments.
- Design and code interfaces/APIs according to user/solution specification.
- Develop new and manage existing SOA integrations depending on the need and requirements.
- Develop and maintain SOA reference architecture and assist in the management of the Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) services catalog, SOAP and REST, Web-services, and Web Services Description Language (WSDL) to streamline the process of managing the SOA system uptime of 99.9%, optimum performance and efficient web services delivery through the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) as part of the bank’s operating model.
- Support the UDDI services catalog in the development and management of SOA toolkits, reference architectures, and in the integration and deployment of Web Services provided by other vendors into the ESB.
- Develop required documentation/manuals on integrations developed, configuration and setup to be done .
- Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Carry out technical developer training for handover to bank staff.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup.
- Attend systems failures and resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem.
- Adhere to change control procedures in implementing the integrations
- Knowledge of TIBCO ESB will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related degree
- Training and certification in SOA middleware and data integration tools
- Certifications in system development tools and languages. (Added advantage)
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in SOA integrations, ETL/ELT processes, Business Intelligence development and visualization.
- Minimum 3 years programming experience in: Java, C++, C#, XML, PL/SQL, PERL, Python, Shell Scripting, SQL Server, SOAP/REST,
- Experience in a SOA middleware and Data Integrator
- Experience in working with Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience in Oracle and Microsoft database architecture
- Has an understanding of data warehouse concepts.
Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle process
- Knowledge in report and dashboard development
- Experience in querying data from a variety of data sources and relational databases using Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, WebServices.
- Experience and proficiency in analytical tools such as Tableau, Oracle MS SQL.
- Experience in data Warehouse environments and Dimensional data modeling experience.
- Experience in data management practices with excellent skills in data integrations.
3. Talent Acquisition Manager
Reports to: HR Lead
- Drive entire recruitment process from sourcing to offer process (including offer approvals & negotiations) and on-boarding.
- End-to-end Talent Acquisition process ensuring a superior candidate and Hiring Manager experience and strong collaboration with our shared services team.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Work with recruitment agencies to successfully recruit all key/required skills into the organization within agreed SLA aligned to approved workforce plans
- Act as a talent advisor and influence and guide the business with knowledge, insights and expertise of external markets.
- Conduct intake meetings with Hiring Managers to confirm the desired profile and develop a sourcing strategy for the open position. You drive progress and you always have
- Drive a high volume of roles, stay connected to a robust pipeline of candidates, maintain long-term candidate relationships, and energetically sell the role and MPA mission and brand
- Develop diversity of business talent pools on gender, physically challenged
- Review against all vacancies within account managed, our internal talent pool to place ready now talent into vacant roles before going out for external recruitment
- Create an exceptional experience along the entire candidate journey
- End-to-end responsibility for the recruitment system, data quality and compliance.
- Manage relationships with external providers including recruiting firms, institutions of higher learning, background checkers etc.
- Produce reports and statistical data as required to include weekly reporting on recruitment initiatives, talent identified and placed and challenges faced; Monthly reports – against workforce plan and other key performance indicators
- Oversee the continued roll out of a consistent Performance Management process that focuses employee efforts on the achievement of business goals and attainment of requisite skills/competencies to sustain profitable growth.
- Administer talent processes which focus on building bench strength to meet current and future business needs. In this regard, define critical roles for succession planning as well as facilitate and support succession planning initiatives and deliberately build strong talent benches for such roles.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Proven recruiting track-record within the technical area, and/or IT segment
- You can effectively manage ambiguity and coordinate the efforts of multiple roles to manage efficient processes with high delivery quality
digital savvy and an overall strong knowledge about virtual recruitment
- Solution-oriented, with the ability to build relationships across cross-functional teams with diverse skill sets and experience levels
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and motivated with the ability to work successfully across many cultures
- Exceptional stakeholder management, able to work closely with the team as well as independently
Strong relationship skills; strong communicator Commercially savvy/ability to navigate a matrixed, complex & international organization
- Be willing to work with different time zones
- Exposure to talent analytics and talent management approaches coupled with good numeracy skills.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Higher National Diploma in HRM
- CHRP-k will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in performance management tools
- Extensive experience in conducting competency-based interviewing and assessment centers as selection tools
- Experience in coaching staff and line managers on best recruitment and selection principles/practices and interviewing skills
- Good stakeholder management experience
- Excellent Excel data manipulation skills and PowerPoint presentation.
Key performance indicators
- Robustness of talent pipelines
- Succession plans for business-critical positions
- 100% recruitment of required skills within agreed SLA’s
- Diversity of staff in recruitment
- Detailed recruitment and placement reports and analysis
- Stakeholder feedback
- People Survey Engagement scores
How to apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title.