PASTRY COOK JOB
REPORTS TO: Cafeteria Manager
Responsible for Preparing, baking and serving nutritious, quality bakery and pastry products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Detailed JD will be given on appointment)
- Prepare and bake pastries in accordance with set standard recipes.
- To ensure bakery products and pastries are served and kept at the right temperature.
- Ensure that stock rotation and FIFO strictly followed and adhered to.
- Observe safety precautions when handling kitchen equipment.
- Ensure that waste is kept at minimal levels by using creative culinary and bakery methods.
- To observe kitchen hygiene set standards during food preparation and follow HACCP.
- To execute food control standard in dispensing the established food and pastries portion.
- Preparation of all pastries and snack for functions, fresh fruit cuts, salads, desserts and tea snacks.
- Perform and ensure opening and closing duties are done accordingly.
- Provide guidance to interns and kitchen stewards.
- Take kitchen responsibilities in the absence of the head chefPerform any other duties assigned by the chef from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Food production and beverages or its’ equivalent
- 3 years’ experience as a pastry cook preferably in an institution of higher learning
- Food handling health certificate
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and can multi task.
- Attention to detail, creativity, passion and sense of business.
- Commitment to quality.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 28th June 2021, indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to email@example.com
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND GIVEN A COPY OF THE DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION. PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION APPLIED AS SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL.