REPORTS TO: Cafeteria Manager
Responsible for preparing, cooking and serving nutritious, quality Food and Beverage to the entire university community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Detailed JD will be given on appointment)
- Prepare and cook food in accordance with set standard recipes.
- To ensure that food is served and kept at the right temperatures.
- Observe safety precautions when handling kitchen equipment.
- Ensure that waste is kept at minimal levels by using creative cooking methods.
- Ensure that stock rotation and FIFO strictly followed and adhered to.
- To observe kitchen hygiene set standards during food preparation and follow HACCP.
- Preparation and serving of all food and beverages at the cafeteria and for functions.
- Perform and ensure opening and closing duties are done accordingly.
- Responsible for all kitchen activities in the absence of the chef.
- Provide guidance to interns and kitchen stewards.
To execute food control standards in dispensing the established food portions.
- Perform any other duty assigned from time to time by the chef.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in food and beverage production or its equivalent
- 3 years’ experience as a cook preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- HACCP qualification will be an added advantage
- Food handlers certificate
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to quality
- Attention to detail, creativity, passion and sense of business.
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and can multi task
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 28th June 2021, indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to email@example.com
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND GIVEN A COPY OF THE DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION. PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION APPLIED AS SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL.