Website Eastra Solutions Ltd
A leading System Integrator in East & Central Africa. We offer Technology Solutions that help your business be more effective
Job Description – System Administrator is responsible for technical Support of the Organization’s Management System issues and oversees the development’s implementation and management of computerized information.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Set up equipment for employee use, performs or ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, mobile devices, or appropriate software
• Ensures that end-user systems (largely windows), hardware, operating systems, custom software systems, data communications, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff achieve their objectives efficiently and effectively
• Read technical manuals, confers with users, or conducts computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests; logs all incidents and requests; engages other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility
• Be the first contact point, in person, by email, or by telephone, for all users for IT related faults, questions, and requests.
• Assist with on boarding process of new users
• Perform centralized administration of PC services (i.e. Antivirus, OS Deployment, software installation, group policies, ICT inventory management, patching and routine maintenance)
• Monitor logs daily and report issues to the team.
• Responsible for the physical and network security.
• Manage and administer cloud applications and technologies
• Work closely with the Technical Manager to implement and maintain a robust IT asset management system for all IT hardware and software inventory, network components, life cycle management and related documentation.
• Establish mechanisms of ensuring quality of service through detective, preventive and corrective measures as well as through service level agreements with vendors.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including E-mail, print, domain, application and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software..
• Establish mechanisms for monitoring, diagnosing, testing, and troubleshooting computer and telecommunications enterprise network with a view to continuously enhancing availability and ensuring optimal operation of all hardware and equipment, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, UPSs, among others.
• Ensure availability of a stable, efficient, and reliable ERP System/ core Organization System
• Assist in Maintaining oversight and custody of the Organization in-house and remote data Centre and all network and related hardware assets.
• Assist in timely preparation of ICT reports to the management and the board.
• Ensure adequate backup and recovery strategies and systems are in place and reviewed regularly.
• Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in Active Directory in line with information security policy.
• Perform all aspects of user administration, PC support and liaison with vendors to fix equipment or system issues.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Technology, or Information Technology or equivalent.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a busy ICT environment.• Certification in System Administration, Servers, and Infrastructure.
• Certification in Systems Administration for Windows/Linux/Unix e.g. CCNP, CCNA, MCSA, and ITIL will be an added advantage.
• Experience in using a help desk system.
Personal Attributes required for this role :
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Team player with good interpersonal skills
• Drive for results and achievement
• Analytical skills.
• Decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Innovation and creativity.
Project management skills
How to apply
Qualified Candidates are requested to send their detailed Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com on or before 24th December 2021 at 10.00am