Website ST. BRIDGET HOSPITAL
MEDICAL OFFICER – INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
To oversee daily operations of the ICU, HDU, NICU and serve as clinical advisors, and investigate any problems that may arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ethically reviewing and instituting appropriate therapeutic interventions for patients admitted to critical care units or requiring critical care across the hospital.
• Reviewing patients in other units where HDU support is needed and making appropriate decisions on interventions required.
• Performing medical procedures expected of a ICU Medical Officer.
• Ensuring that high standards of diagnostic accuracy and patient care are maintained
• Preparing medical reports and other clinical documents as required
• Ensuring professionalism and timeliness in handling of clients at both individual and departmental level
• Participating in continuous medical education and the development of departmental clinical protocols, quality improvement plans, and initiatives
• Participating in research, clinical audits and review programmes for the department
• Ensuring consistency in the clinical protocols and provision of care.
• Assisting in coaching and mentoring of nursing staff on various aspects of critical care and management of critical illness.
• Ensuring regular and adequate communication with patients and relatives on clinical progress.
• Advocating for excellent patient care and outcomes.
Qualification and Key Competencies
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
• 3 -year work experience in position
• Valid private practice and annual license
• Advance Cardiac Life Support, Advance Trauma Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage).
• Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
• Effective communication skills
• Detailed oriented and good interpersonal relations.
• Must be well organized and can plan ahead and deal with care issues as they arise.
• Must be thorough and proactive to ensure quality care and positive outcome.
• Must be able to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Certificate of Good Conduct
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to fill and submit the online application form on; http://www.stbridgethospital.co.ke/careers
• Ensure to upload all your certificates and CV.
• We as an institution are conducting the interviews as we receive the applications and have not engaged the services of any recruitment agency.
• We do not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process.
• Certificate of Good Conduct.
To apply for this job please visit www.stbridgethospital.co.ke.