MATERNITY NURSE INCHARGE
Ensure high-quality maternity services to all patients through provision of effective nursing services Successful candidates will oversee labour ward, antenatal, postnatal, and Newborn unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement the highest possible standard of client care by participating in setting up of the hospital standard protocols and guidelines.
• Ensure quality critical care services for new born infants (NICU)
• Provide leadership and direction as well as implementation of hospital objectives within the maternity units
• Motivate and empower staff to perform to their optimum
• Participate in the budget process and manage inventory of all equipment, linen, supplies and other items within the maternity unit
• Effective monitoring and evaluation of patients admitted in the maternity ward.
• Administer medication and perform medical procedures within prevailing Hospital guidelines and protocols.
• Ensure an outstanding client experience.
• Counsel and prepare mothers for labour, childbirth and postpartum.
• Monitor and manage pregnant mothers during labour and
• Assist in performing deliveries when need be
• Provide care for mothers and new-borns after birth.
• Educate and support mothers in breastfeeding and care of the new-born.
• Follow through investigations and procedures ordered by Doctors during ward rounds.
• Run MCH, Family planning and other clinics as assigned by Head of Clinical Services.
• Provide comprehensive client counselling e.g., reproductive health, HIV, PMTCT, vaccination, pap smear & cancer screening amongst other services.
• Ensure maintenance and availability of medical equipment in the doctors’ and nursing room.
• Professionally and timely prepare and present regular nursing reports.
• Assist in the formulation, review and implementation of relevant policies and procedures e.g., infection prevention etc.;
• Plan, prepare and participate in health talks, presentations, and
Continuous Medical Education (CME) events.
• Plan for and participate in clinical audits in maternity and other departments
• Formulate comprehensive nurses’ duty rosters to ensure 24hr coverage of the Maternity Ward.
• Cover the hospital as required during the day or night
• Excellent clinical acumen.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Effective communication skills – listening, oral and written.
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
• Empathetic to patients of all ages.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
• Analytical and decision-making skills.
• Report writing and presentation skills.
• Desire for personal development, improvement, and learning.
• BScN, KRCHN or (KRN/KRM).
• Maternity experience of 5 years and above with at least two years as in charge.
• Must be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
• Valid Nursing Practice License.
• Valid competency in BLS, ACLS, ETAT+ and EmOC will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Certificate of Good Conduct.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to fill and submit the online application form on; http://www.stbridgethospital.co.ke/careers
• Ensure to upload all your certificates and CV.
• We as an institution are conducting the interviews as we receive the applications and have not engaged the services of any recruitment agency.
• We do not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit www.stbridgethospital.co.ke.