Website ST. BRIDGET HOSPITAL
LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST INCHARGE
To provide leadership in the laboratory for employees and advance laboratory technologies.
Responsible for quality collection, analysis, and reporting on all tests to be carried out in the laboratory.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide leadership in the laboratory department.
• Handle the registration of the laboratory at the KMLTTB
• Timely reporting and record submission.
• Advise management on new procedures and advances in technology.
• Safely collect blood specimens from patients, label correctly and evaluate for tests required
• Perform tests and sample analysis in the areas of hematology, immunology, histopathology,
• Clinical chemistry and microbiology
• Verify validity of all submitted samples
• Prepare samples for storage
• Maintain specimen inventory
• Prepare peripheral blood films and tissue specimens for reporting by pathologist
• Calibrate and do routine maintenance on laboratory instruments and machines as per established protocols, schedules, and procedures
• Perform quality control and quality assurance activities
• Notify clinicians of any critical/panic values requiring verification or report
• Come up with an established procedure and manual of standard laboratory procedures
• Ensure compliance with all relevant safety and infection control policies and procedures and all licensing authorities
• Maintain laboratory records and information comply with regulation
• Enter results in the laboratory information management system provided
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from an institution recognized by the KMLTTB
• BLS qualification from an AHA accredited Training Centre.
• Five years working experience as a Laboratory Technologist.
• Registration Certificate and valid practicing license issued by KMLTTB
• Excellent interpersonal, communication & customer care skills.
• Certificate in computer applications
• Certificate of good conduct
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to fill and submit the online application form on; http://www.stbridgethospital.co.ke/careers
• Ensure to upload all your certificates and CV.
• We as an institution are conducting the interviews as we receive the applications and have not engaged the services of any recruitment agency.
• We do not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit www.stbridgethospital.co.ke.