DIRECTOR NURSING SERVICES
Provide leadership and ensure quality, efficient, safe and cost effective clinical services.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work together with the head of clinical services to ensure safe and effective clinical practice, Quality Nursing care to all patients, Exceptional customer service, Revenue growth and cost control, manage & develop the performance of the team and achieve hospital objectives.
• Supervising and ensuring delivery of a professional, ethical and high standard of nursing care within the hospital while leading a team of nurses and patient attendants in delivering individual and team targets.
• Monitor and ensure clients satisfaction and proactively manage their complaints as they arise.
• Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all assets in the both inpatient and outpatient areas.
• Review and approve monthly work schedules (ROTA) to ensure compliance with policy and adequate shift planning and ROTA management for nursing and nursing support staff in the unit has adequate cover at all times.
• Actively engage with doctors and other care providers to get feedback on the quality of nursing care in the units.
• Participate in formulation and ensure implementation of organizational and departmental policies and procedures (SOPs) and quality improvement plans in the section including infection prevention.
• Ensure effective communication between staff, patients and members of their families regarding plan of care of their patients.
• Organize for and participate in monthly Mortality / Morbidity meetings with the concerned team.
• Managing the Nursing budget within the agreed parameters by ensuring efficient resources utilization and taking charge of cost control.
• Participate in business development and marketing activities and follow up on customer feedback.
• Ensure safe and clean environment for staff patient / clients and visitors’ compliance with policies and protocols including health and safety and risk management and critical incident reporting.
Qualification and Key Competencies
• BScN or KRCHN/KRN/KRM with Degree in Health System
• Healthcare management or administration certification
• A valid license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
• BLS & ACLS certification
• At least 10 years nursing experience and 5 years as a Nursing Officer in Charge / Matron.
The applicant should have sound knowledge of procedures and processes (SOPS) in Nursing and mentorship programs.
• Excellent communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making and computer skills.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to fill and submit the online application form on; http://www.stbridgethospital.co.ke/careers
• Ensure to upload all your certificates and CV.
• We as an institution are conducting the interviews as we receive the applications and have not engaged the services of any recruitment agency.
• We do not charge fees at any stage of our recruitment process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit www.stbridgethospital.co.ke.