Specialist – Enterprise Services Support Engineer at Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Specialist – Enterprise Services Support Engineer within Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Enterprise Customer Support – the holder of the position will perform complex EBU 1st and 2nd Line technical support operations for global enterprise customers as well as support digital services as per respective portfolio, perform 2nd line support for escalations from the Enterprise Customer Support team and liaise with internal stakeholders and vendors to offer permanent solutions to recurring problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handle escalations from Safaricom Enterprise Platinum customers, its partners and Safaricom special projects;
- Research, review and recommend emerging technologies and innovative customer solutions and liaise with stakeholders for technology adoption to maximize service availability;
- Oversee fixed data partner engineers support and effectively liaise with internal subject matter experts-level 3 support players to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair complex customer issues;
- Perform capacity monitoring and reporting on individual client circuits as well as network resources;
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance for proactive support for global customers;
- Perform root cause analysis on issues to avoid recurrence;
- Escalate and follow up issues with NOC and relevant backend teams;
- Effectively communicate ticket status, service outages and escalate as per established customer support and escalation matrix.
- Ensure all customer solutions are documented;
- Ensure all running configurations are backed up; Ensure all Preventive and restorative procedures are documented and adhered to.
- Ensure communication progressively and properly done to all stakeholders Weekly and monthly reporting on link performance Role requirements;
- Employ Data science analytics tools to simplify and Analyze Enterprise Edge IP network logs to resolve and report running faults before they become service affecting.
- Lead Digital Empowerment of Customer facing teams to improve customer SLA and significantly reduce BAU escalations to Backend Infrastructure team.
- Lead agile collaboration activities with digital NOC team and participate in End to End EBU automation project squad.
- Optimize and monitor alerts on the Enterprise IP core and follow up on resolutions.
- Be a custodian of network documentation and improvements of the versions.
- Spares tracking and management in liaison with the responsible sections in the company for the IP devices in use.
- Fix network faults on the transport network serving the Enterprise IP network in co-ordination with the regional networks Ops team.
- Co-ordinate proactive exercises on solutions offering to customers to ensure optimal performance and reduce possibilities of service outages in co-ordination with internal backend teams
- Liaise with vendors and fiber providers for resolution of the network faults within the agreed timelines.
- Track QOS affecting parameters e.g. utilization and latencies on the last mile network serving enterprise customers and ensure proactive resolutions.
- Hold regular service review meetings liaising with EBU account management teams with enterprise customers as per portfolio
- Work closely with the customer experience teams to drive NPS
- Degree in Telecoms, Engineering, IT, Physics or Math or any other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience in a busy ISP/Telco in managing large IP & Transport networks.
- Must have Network Connectivity Certifications on professional level. i.e. CCIP, CCNP, CCVP, CCSP HCNP, HCIP, CWNP and above.
- Strong understanding of emerging digital technologies: SDWAN, IoT, Managed Security Services (Cisco ASA/Fortinet/Cyberoam/SOPHOS), AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware, IoT, Telematics, RPA. Certifications and practical hands-on experience on the same is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge in Python, Java, Kubernetes. Certification on the same is an added advantage
- CISA, CISM, CEH certifications are an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of microwave and fiber transmission and access technologies i.e. TDM,SDH plus experience with vendors like Rad
- Ability to manage/troubleshoot a large Service provider Transmission& IP network
- Conversant with IPv4, IPv6 Addressing Schemes, Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), VLANs, IP QOS, Triple play services.
- Knowledge in ISP services; DNS, SMTP, POP3, RADIUS/PPPoE, Web Hosting.
To apply for this job please visit safaricom.taleo.net.