Kenya Trade Network Agency (KENTRADE)
Shipping and Customs Operations Officer – KTNA 7
Reports to: Manager, TradeNet and Value Add Services
Purpose for the Job
To oversee submission and approvals of all Manifest, Baplie, Delivery orders, Arrival reports and other documents related to ports and shipping submitted through Kenya TradeNet System. It also involves overseeing submission and approvals of all Customs related Single window processes including declarations and bonds through Kenya TradeNet System.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure Manifest, Baplie, Delivery orders, Arrival reports and other documents related to ports and shipping submitted through Kenya TradeNet System are processed timely in line agreed standards and meets customer expectations;
2. Liaise with Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), Ships agents and other stakeholders to ensure that shipping documents are processed as per agreed business processes and timelines;
3. Ensure Sea manifest, Marine cargo insurance covers and bonds applied through Kenya TradeNet System are processed timely in line agreed standards and meets customer expectations;
4. Liaise with Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) to ensure that IDFS, declarations and are processed in ICMS are received in TradeNet system and response back as per agreed business processes and timelines;
5. Work with stakeholders to ensure that shipping documents processed through Kenya TradeNet System comply to existing regulations and practices;
6. Continuously monitor the performance of the System to ensure that users of the system process their documents in line with the service level agreements;
7. Regularly provide reports and statistics on performance of cargo clearance process by PGAs;
8. Liaise with Business Analysts to improve/streamline processes pertaining to submission/approval of shipping & Customs in the country
9. Liaise with System Analysts to ensure that Kenya TradeNet System is continuously enhanced in line with the changing business environment to meet the customer needs in shipping industry;
10. Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s’ Degree in a Commerce, Business Administration/ICT or related field from a recognized institution;
2. Certificate in Computer Application;
3. Meets provision of chapter six of the Constitution;
4. Experience in shipping and customs shall be an added advantage.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter, curriculum vitae (that contains details of qualifications, work experience, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience) and copies of all certificates & relevant testimonials.
1. Candidates who had applied previously are advised to re – apply
2. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to obtain and submit valid copies of the following documents at the interviews;
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
2. Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
4. Clearance form from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
5. Clearance certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
2. Visit: https://portal.kentrade.go.ke/recruitment
3. Create a user account
4. Create your profile:The information on the profile is split into tabs that the user must fill out before submitting a job application which includes the following;
1. Biodata – General Contact information about the applicant
2. Academic qualifications – with the certificates attached;
3. Professional qualifications – with the certificates attached;
4. Membership to professional bodies – with membership certificates attached;
5. Employment history – Record of previous employers
7. Attach application letter, CV
5. Input current and expected salary;
6. Submit application;
7. Click My Applications to check or confirm if your application has been successfully submitted;
All applications must be received not later than Monday November 22, 2021.
KenTrade values diversity therefore women and Persons With Disability (PWD) are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit portal.kentrade.go.ke.