Service Desk Analyst job at Absa Bank, Jobs in Kenya, Jobs in Nairobi Today, Jobs Today in Kenya 2021, Job Vacancies in Kenya,
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To act as the single point of contact for Technology
To take ownership of Service Desk and Incident management processes within the Service department, Providing guidance, support, and leadership
Accountability: Service Availability
• Maintaining effective Incident & Problem Management processes
• Providing appropriate reports, commentary and analysis of incident occurrences and trends
Maintaining Operations Level Agreements
• Ensure the successful ongoing operation of the Help Desk and Incident Management processes.
• Develop service trends and ensure that effective measures are taken to improve service levels
• Maintain good relationships with client businesses by ensuring that their business requirements and plans are understood.
• In addition, handling queries, complaints, and suggestions promptly, professionally and in accordance with current Technology practices and procedures
Accountability: Business Liaison
• Single point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
• Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
• Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
• Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
• Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
• Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Accountability: Risk Management
• Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
• Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
• Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
Accountability: People Management
• Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews.
• By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader.
• Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
• Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
Accountability: Controls (Mandatory for all roles)
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Education and experience required
• B-degree in IT related field
• 3 years experience
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• ITIL Certification or relevant experience
• A strong customer service and work ethic
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable effective identification and resolution of IT related issues
• Strong understanding of ITIL Service Management
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Previous experience working in a service/help desk role
• Experience in supporting Windows XP desktop environments
• Experience in troubleshooting network environments
• Experience in using a Configuration Management Database System (CMDB)
• Experience in an Active Directory environment
• Experience in using Desktop Remote Management tools
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.