Website Ankole Grill
Senior Sous Chef jobs, Jobs in Kenya, Jobs, Jobs Today in Kenya, Job Vacancies in Kenya, Jobs in Nairobi Today, Latest Jobs in Kenya,
Senior Sous Chef at Ankole Grill
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak house experience! We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Senior Sous Chef
MAIN PURPOSE & SCOPE THE JOB
The Senior Sous Chef will assist the Head Chef and the Assistant Head Chef to ensure the overall quality and profitability of the kitchen in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Allocation of Duties- The Senior Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef and Assistant Head Chef in allocation of duties
- Quality Consistency- The Senior Sous is the chief quality controller of the kitchen. He must ensure that the cooks and their assistants follow the correct recipes and method of preparation. They must always taste soups, sauces and all dishes before service.
- Supervise preparation of mis-en-place to ensure consistent quality production and proper use of recipes
- Work closely with the Executive chef and Assistant Head chef in setting up, maintaining and improving the quality of food and service offered to our customers
- Hygiene- Being a senior member of the team, the Senior Sous Chef must oversee the implementation and practice of proper hygiene in the whole kitchen. He/she must also keep a close eye and deal very firmly with the offenders.
- Ensuring that the (HACCP) is adhered to on a daily basis by all members of staff.
- Checking and refilling of stock levels in the shift.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant
- Ensuring that no wastage through wrong storage, wrong cooking methods.
- Ensure that all our storage facilities and other equipment are properly utilized, cleaned and kept.
- Keeps the head chef and the assistant head chef fully informed of all rising issues, unusual matters of significance, promptly taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Provide direction to the Cooks, and Kitchen Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of company policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times
- Streamline receiving procedures to ensure that only the best quality and the right quantities are received from the suppliers.
- Observes stock levels and orders supplies, participates in monthly stock take and daily closing stocks
- In addition to the above, the Senior Sous Chef may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- Diploma or certificate in food production,
- HACCP and hygiene training
More Details on Experience
- 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a high-level culinary establishment
- Knowledge of current food trends and best practices.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Understanding of purchasing and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry and food preparation.
- Organized, can delegate tasks well and work in a high stress environment.
- Practical culinary skills
- Familiarity with professional kitchen equipment.
- Understanding of food safety practices
More Details on Skills
- Excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Excellent leadership motivation and team building skills.
- Able to work under pressure and long hours
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
How to apply
- Applications should be submitted by 20th December 2021 to our email –email@example.com
- Due to the urgency to fill the position,