Website Engineers Board of Kenya
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (322)
REPORTING LINE: Senior ICT officer will report to Principal ICT officer
The Senior ICT Officer will be responsible for providing professional, technical and operational support for Systems, Infrastructure and ICT services relating to acquisition, development, management and other ICT resource decisions across the departments.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
a) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
• Ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centres;
• Responsible for the security monitoring of information systems including assessing information security risk and development of an ICT risk mitigation plan.
• Analyze, design, code, test and implement computer programs and security systems;
• Develop documentation of computer programs and drawing up hardware specifications according to instructions;
• Train and provide support to users on effective and efficient use of ICT facilities;
• Maintain up to date equipment maintenance(inventory) register;
• Perform regular inspections of systems and network processes and ensure security updates are up to date.
• Install, configure and monitor Local Area Network and Wide Area Network
• Update and maintain the Boards website;
• Perform regular data and application backups; and
• Draft reports as required from time to time.
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Have at least four (4) years relevant work experience
• Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
• Professional certification such as CCNP, MCSE, MCSA, N+, A+ Network+, OCP or their equivalent;
• Member of a relevant ICT professional body;
• Supervisory Course for at least two (2) weeks.
c) Key Competencies and Skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
• Knowledge of the organization and function of government;
• Innovation skills;
• Proficiency in IT skills ;
• Must be a self-starter; and
• Organizational and analytical skills.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
i. Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
• Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
• Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
• Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
ii. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
• Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
• Cover Letter
• Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
• Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December 2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.
To apply for this job please visit ebk.go.ke.