Responsible for providing HR support and delivery of various HR processes, projects, and activities for Simba Hospitality Corporate office and other hospitality outlets and businesses, ensuring excellent customer service, with due consideration given to approved policies, procedures, and statutory requirements
• Work with the business units to address their HR requirements in liaison with the Head of Human Resource.
• Maintain and develop a strong employer brand in the local market and beyond.
• Implement effective and innovative search and selection for senior as well as volume recruitment through a variety of sources, as well as and effective onboarding process.
• Manage employee relations and welfare programs and provide support to line managers in maintaining a cordial employer-employee relationship to ensure a conducive work environment.
• Monitor probation periods and employment contracts and take necessary action.
• Provide active support in recruitment and induction of employees and ensure procedures are consistently followed.
• Maintain, screen, and update the recruitment database with applications and interviews held.
• Prepare and maintain organizational charts and job descriptions, identifying succession strategies and forward planning of workforce needs of the business.
• Manage the hospitality Human Resource Information system and ensure accurate maintenance of employee information.
• Assist and support managers with the performance management and review process and provide coaching to managers in HR matters such as giving feedback, counselling staff etc.
• Compilation of monthly and quarterly HR reports.
• Schedule and coordinate logistics for staff training sessions.
• Coordinate the NITA application and reimbursement process by making timely and correct applications and reimbursement claims and thereafter preparing relevant reports.
• Coordinate employee medical examinations as required.
• Compile the required statutory reports.
• Extract and analyse leave data and prepare necessary reports.
• Manage time and attendance system.
• Execute the exit process per prescribed procedures.
• Carry out exit interviews and analyse information for reporting purposes.
• Act as focal point for all initial queries from staff regarding staff policies and procedures.
• Ensure that policies & procedures are communicated and implemented.
• Ensure compliance with local labour and immigration law and handle any legal issues including staff disciplinary.
• Closely work with relevant departments in processing visa/resident permits for international/expatriate staff.
• Relevant university degree, e.g., in law, business administration, economics, HR management
• Higher National Diploma in HR / CHRP.
• At least 5 years’ experience in HR in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate for the position should possess:
• Ability to successfully manage efficient and compliant HR operations including HR administration & payroll.
• Ability to deliver a strategic HR agenda based on business.
• Experience with budget and workforce planning.
• HR advisory capacity for senior managers in matters relating to their teams and organisation.
• Computer literacy (Excel/Power Point/Word), ideally including experience with HR information systems.
• Leadership skills, as a functional leader for HR and as member of the Simba Hospitality core team engaging with all managers/team members and having a strong impact on the organisational culture.
• Strong planning and organisational skills.
• Effective communication and listening as well as counselling skills.
• Integrity ensuring fair and transparent processes always and inspiring trust.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and diplomacy.
How to apply
Applicants should forward their applications to email@example.com on or before COB 12th November 2021. Applicants should indicate the job title in the subject line of their email.