Website Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB)
Reporting to the Manager Human Resource Management & Administration, the Senior Human Resource and Administration Officer will be responsible for:-
- Preparation and implementation of human resources and administration strategies policies, regulations and procedures and guidelines.
- Assisting in the development of Human Resource Planning and Development
- Development and implementation of Performance Management Systems, staff training and development programs, skills inventory management and career progression in the organization.
- Coordinating the organization’s internship/attachment/young professionals program.
- Participating in recruitment and selection of staff as per the recruitment policy.
- Conducting staff induction
- Processing staff payroll, retirement benefits, gratuity and other terminal dues and timely remittance of statutory deductions
- Coordinating Training Needs Assessment, ensure implementation of suitable training programs and monitor the effectiveness of training and development programs.
- Facilitating compliance with relevant labour legislation, rules, regulations and policy frameworks on human resource management and administration matters.
- Undertaking continuous appraisal and review of the Board’s Terms and Conditions of Service and make recommendations for improvementAdvertisements
- Coordinating employee satisfaction and work environment surveys and implementation of the survey findings.
- Administering staff medical scheme, GPA, Group Life, WIBA, Pension, wellness programs and other staff benefits.
- Maintaining and updating employee records.
- Analyzing and follow up to ensure resolution of employee grievances and complaints.
- Providing secretarial services to statutory committees and file quarterly reports to respective agencies.
- Allocating office space, ensure availability of office equipment, furniture and working tools to every member of staff and maintain an inventory of all physical assets.
- Overseeing scheduling of repairs and preventive maintenance for office furniture and equipment.
- Preparing Terms of Reference and Service Level Agreements for outsourced services
- Coordinating compliance with statutory obligations related to Health & Safety, HIV & AIDs, Alcohol and rug Substance Abuse, Gender and Disability Mainstreaming, Environmental Sustainability and other requirements in working environment.
- Coordinating transport services and maintenance of organization’s fleet in accordance with the set policies and procedures.
Requirements for Appointments
- Served in the grade of Human Resource Management Officer I or a comparable position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management/Development, Business Administration/Management, Human Resource Planning or any other Social Science from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Be of proven integrity, transparency and accountability;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria, please email your C.V, copies of academic and professional certificates and any other supporting documents to the address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the reference number on the subject of the email. Candidates must attach clearance/compliance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC, CRB &
KRA in their applications which should be received not later than 6th December, 2021 at 5.00pm.
All applications should be addressed to:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING STANDARDS BOARD
CPA CENTRE, 8TH FLOOR
P.O BOX 38831-00100
The PSASB is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing of any kind will lead to automatic disqualification. Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.