Powered by People (PBP)
Senior Frontend Developer
We are seeking a curious and collaborative Senior Frontend Developer to join our growing
As the ideal candidate for this role, you have a passion for technology and can pick up new technologies quickly. You love to ship things, and take a great deal of pride in your work, and have a true appreciation for the user experience.
You’re not shy about championing ideas and sharing your knowledge, welcome feedback and are equally comfortable working collaboratively within a small team and on your own.
• Implement new features and enhance the user experience across a suite of applications
• Ensure code quality through unit testing and peer code review
• Push code and see it go live the same week
• Work with a Product Manager and UX/UI Designer to refine the scope of work needed
• Occasionally assist with the investigation and resolution of support issues
• Routinely give time estimates for what you’re working on
• Ability to lead a small team of developers
The way we work:
• We work flexibly. As such, we are well equipped to work effectively in the current global landscape through strong communication and organization, even with team members across several time zones. Our core team has key people in other parts of the world including the USA, Kenya, India, and Canada.
• Our day-to-day work leverages a Scrum-style rhythm using the latest project management tools, CI/CD, and Slack for team communication.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of professional experience
• Good communication skills in English
• 4 years experience using ReactJs or comparable front-end frameworks
• Experience with CSS Preprocessors (SASS or LESS) or CSS-in-JS libraries like Styled Components
• Experience using git or similar VCS
• Experience writing unit tests and End to End test
• Experience using secure, RESTful web APIs
• Experience using NPM and various Node.js APIs
• Strong aesthetic sensibilities
• Full-time availability is a strong advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.