Church World Service (CWS)
Reports To: RSC Africa Deputy Director
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Grade Level: 10(I), Level 3 Manager
FLSA & Union Status: Exempt, Non-Bargaining
This position is responsible for managing all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) field travel activity at RSC Africa. This includes strategic planning and oversight of Field Processing, Cultural Orientation and Circuit Ride departments. This position ensures that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed. The position is a member of the RSC Africa Senior Programs Team and Leadership Team.
1. 10 years of work experience
2. 5 years of direct supervisory experience is required
1. Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and START database
2. Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
3. Excellent organizational and time management skills
The Senior Field Travel Coordinator must have the ability to:
1. work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations at management levels
2. exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
3. maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
4. exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
5. deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
6. Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
7. Maintain the integrity of official records;
8. Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
9. Work with minimal supervision
10. Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
11. Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
12. Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
13. be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
1. Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
2. Ability to work in a multi–cultural environment required.
3. Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or four years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
To apply for this job please visit cws-careers.vibehcm.com.