MANAGEMENT TRAINEE-COMMUNICATION, FUND RAISING
The incumbent will support the Head of Foundation in the daily management and operations of Safal MRM Foundation. He / She will be expected to play a role in organizing fundraising efforts, program monitoring, and evaluation and communication. The internship will provide a great opportunity for the successful candidate to learn about career possibilities offered by the Safal Group / Safal MRM Foundation.
- Work closely with the Foundation Head to create communications such as annual reports, presentations, promotional materials,
- Support the Foundation to inspire new ways to connect with partners, beneficiaries on various channels including social media platforms
- Documenting and consolidation of impact stories
- Work with the Foundation manager to create a recognition and stewardship program for donors – both corporate and individual
- Buildteam capacity in raising grant funding from donors.
- Develop a fundraising “pitch” to improve the success rate.
- Review and synthesize content calendars and posts for our regional social media channels.
- Support the identification of critical channels and approaches through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Contribute to generating, editing, and publishing content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages audience engagement.
- Participate in the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the channels by capturing, analyzing, and acting on the appropriate social data, insights, and best practices with the foundation team.
- Assisting in any other roles as assigned by the Foundation
- Provide regular monthly progress updates.
- Minimum academic qualification: A degree-level qualification, preferably in Marketing/ communication/ Journalism/ business administration
- Qualifications as an added advantage:A post-graduate degree would be an added advantage.
- General work experience (years): 0-2 years’ experience within NGO/ Social sector
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 0-2 years’ experience within NGO/ Social sector
- Industry: NGO/ Social Sector/ Non-Profit Sector
III.Key competencies and skills:
- Strong research and analytical capabilities; able to think strategically about opportunities to advance the Foundation’s advocacy work around Education, Health, Environment, Shelter.
- Strong writing and editing skills in content writing or digital-related marketing activities; strong attention to details.
- Must be creative and poses creative writing skills.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) knowledge and skills will be highly appreciated.
- Collaborative, innovative, eager to learn, and interested in creating and executing strategies were working alongside partners.
- Must be a proactive self-starter.
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya.
- A team player with self-drive in providing solutions to demanding tasks with tight deadlines.
- A strategic problem-solver capable of steering cross-functional collaborations and producing high-quality deliverables.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit and Google.
- An aptitude for basic/intermediate graphic design to create project/annual/quarterly reports
- Ability to adapt to new software and equipment technologies
IV.Language requirements: English
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite
- Social Media expertise: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicators
VII.Additional/specific work requirements: Willing to travel to Mariakani/ Project Site on a monthly basis
To apply for this job please visit safalgroup.jb.skillsmapafrica.com.