Website United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
Researcher Jobs at United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
UN Habitat Researcher Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Researcher”. Applicants with a degree in Master Degree may apply on or before 9th Jan 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Researcher Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Researcher to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Publication Coordinator of the Participatory Slum and Upgrading Programme (PSUP), the Researcher (Consultant) will be responsible for the following duties:
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
- Develop indicators and methodologies for review and evaluation of specific topics related to informal settlements and related issues (e.g. urban development, housing, economic development, demographic and social indicators, etc.) at global, regional and national levels; assess implications in terms of policies, regulatory framework and institutional set-up and identify best practices in terms to policy development and interventions.
- Select and evaluate a variety of documents and existent data. Compile, systematise, process and manipulate data sets derived from a variety of sources. Assemble and examine original statistical material to ensure accuracy, clarity and validity; make appropriate adjustments.
- Design substantive quantitative or qualitative research on selected aspects of critical areas of concern. Organise consultations with key experts and informants from diverse technical backgrounds. Co-operate with research institutes and organisations in the collection of data. Assist in liaising with United Nations system organizations to obtain necessary statistical and other relevant information.
- Summarise pertinent material and prepare charts, graphs and other outputs for reporting and presentation of various data. Prepare a variety of reports, presentations, tables, lists, charts, data sets, diagrams and other background materials/notes for information in order to facilitate the in-depth analysis of the retrieved information by the supervisor and other users.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Researcher
- Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 31 December 2021 – 09 January 2022
- Job Opening Number: 21-United Nations Human Settlements Programme-171617-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- A minimum of a master’s degree in urban planning or development, social science or related field is required. A PhD in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Five years of demonstrated ability to complete in-depth studies and proven track record as author or researcher of international publications and reports is required.
- Knowledge of urban development and related fields and knowledge and practical application of theories and concepts related to urban development and informal settlements is preferred.
- Very good knowledge of region or country of assignment, including the political, economic and social dimensions, and the ability to relate socio-economic issues, trends and perspectives, including gender issues, to urban development initiatives/programmes in affected country/region is required.
- Knowledge of research methodologies, data collection and maintenance. Ability to identify, extract, analyse and format data from a wide variety of standard and non-standard sources. Ability to identify, extract and analyse statistical data is desirable.
- Strong analytical capacity and the ability to identify, analyse and articulate difficult issues/problems is preferred.
- Proven ability to independently provide effective research in an efficient and timely manner and present findings in organised, accurate way, accomplished with use of initiative and with only general guidance from higher level staff is required.
- Ability to work under pressure, with availability for overtime and on-call assignments, depending on the needs of the service is desirable.
How to Apply
The Closing Date: 9th Jan 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.