Website Parliamentary Service Commission
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Providing of non-partisan professional research assistance and analysis to Members, Committees and staff of Parliament;
2. Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of policy options;
3. Providing expert interpretation, explanation and analysis;
4. Maintaining a periodically updated inventory of publications on current issues, legislation and major public policy issues/questions; and
5. Providing back up to parliamentary committees.
Requirements for Direct Appointments
For direct appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
1. Have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a specialized discipline including Economics, Finance, Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Sociology, Political Science, International Trade/Commerce and other Science-related fields;
2. Have attained a minimum of C+ (plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent with a C+ (plus) or above in English; and
3. Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of professional research, with particular emphasis on public policy analysis, and an ability to write, edit in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE ONLY through the Parliamentary Service Commission website; www.parliament.go.ke/vacancies or http://careers.parliament.go.ke/PSC so as to reach the undersigned on or before 10th December 2021.
APPLICATIONS THROUGH THE POST OFFICE, EMAIL OR HAND DELIVERY SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A NEW RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND THAT THE PREVIOUS DATA ON REGISTRATION WAS PURGED AND APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER A FRESH TO PROCEED WITH APPLICATION.
For any Enquires and assistance related to this recruitment, a help-desk with the following email addresses and phone numbers have been provided.
1. +254 202848000
2. +254 113522445
3. +254 738663100
Please note that any communication relating to the processing of the applications shall be only through the Parliamentary website, the above emails and/ or the online recruitment system notices.
To apply for this job please visit careers.parliament.go.ke.