At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI)’s Africa Region Corporate Services Unit comprises of a team of expertise that work closely with the Country Offices in the region and HQ in Ottawa. The primary mandate for the Corporate Services Unit is to provide leadership and support in corporate and program finance management, budget management, donor reporting, procurement, IT service and office administration functions. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
• You will have a BTS in secretarial studies or equivalent from a recognized tertiary college/university and at least 2 year’s work experience in a similar position.
• Solid knowledge and practical experience in administrative and clerical procedures, telephone systems, computers and relevant software applications and knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Skills on strong written and communication skills, organization skills, excellent customer service orientation, attention to details, initiative, reliability, integrity, competent IT skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
About the role
In this role you will be:
• Answer telephone, screen, and direct calls.
• Take and relay messages.
• Provide information to callers.
• Greet persons entering organization.
• Direct persons to correct destination.
• Deal with queries from the public.
• Maintain telephone records, as per NI procedures.
• Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization.
• Maintain and regularly update a database of phone numbers, fax numbers and addresses of all NI offices in Africa and other relevant contacts and partners.
• Connect local/international calls for staff/visitors as required.
• Receive and sort incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, and deliveries; distribute them in a timely fashion
• Maintain correspondence records, as per NI procedures
• Interface with the mail companies, international and domestic,
• Prepare letters and documents
• Make travel arrangements
• Receipt of office and kitchen supplies and maintaining inventory listing
• Assist in organizing meetings
• Tidy and maintain the reception area, making sure that NI documentation are always available in the display shelves.
• Printing and binding of documents
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Nairobi, Kenya. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
How to apply
To apply for this position and for a complete job description, log into https://apply.workable.com/j/D2ED2CE8B4. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV by November 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.