Website Neema Livestock And Slaughtering Investment Limited
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring all meat and meat products attributes to assure product quality and safety at targeted levels of the customer product specifications.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
DEPARTMENT: QUALITY ASSURANCE
REPORTS TO: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science Technology, or any science related course from a recognized university.
- At least two (2) years of proven experience in leading Quality Assurance strategies and teams in a highly commercial food processing environment.
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring all meat and meat products attributes to assure product quality and safety at targeted levels of the customer product specifications.
- S/he will assure food safety, regulatory and business compliance, while also assuring compliance with all established meat product and food handling and safety procedures.
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor will ensure that all required checks and tests are performed within the production area as prescribed within laid down company policies.
- S/he will ensure that meat is safe from contamination and that the process it goes though follows quality assurance regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To monitor and record humidity and temperature of all chillers and freezers (Critical Control Points) at stated intervals in the establishment and report deviations immediately.
- To inspect all carcasses (100%) to ensure they meet the required quality & safety standards (no hair, fecal matter, abscesses, plucks and skin on the carcasses etc.).
- To verify continuous cleaning of entire slaughterhouse as well as before, during and after the operations.
- To ensure all personnel in the production area appropriately wear clean PPEs (dustcoat, overall, caps, helmets, gumboots and aprons) at all times.
- To monitor and record handwashing by all operatives in the slaughterhouse at stated time intervals.
- Monitor that all insectocutors are working properly during operation and report any abnormality.
- Ensure carcasses in chillers and freezers are stamped as required by the destined Countries.
- To verify continuous cleaning of all chillers and freezers as well as before, during and after start of operations.
- To ensure all sterilizers are switched on and have attained the required temperature and switched off after operations.
- To coordinate with operations supervisors so as to ensure high hygiene is adhered to during slaughter, loading and offloading of carcasses in and out of the chillers and freezers.
- Ensure Halal Principles are adhered to.
- To escalate critical issues related to Quality, Food safety, Fraud, Threat & legality violation to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- The ability to make considered decisions and to communicate them effectively.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics.
- Leadership ability.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Teamworking skills.
- IT skills.
Important Safety Tips
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budget
To apply for this job please visit jobsbureaukenya.club.