Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Project Procurement Associate Jobs at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
UNDP Project Procurement Associate Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNDP Nigeria programme looking for “Project Procurement Associate”. Applicants with a Secondary Education may apply on or before 13 January 2022.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Project Procurement Associate Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Procurement Associate to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Purpose: UNDP Nigeria is seeking a Project Procurement Associate to ensure effective delivery of programme procurement services and transparent utilization of financial resources ensuring the integrity of procurement services. The Project Procurement Associate contributes to the effective implementation of procurement monitoring and evaluation policies, works with the operations team, and ensures the operational integrity of the Jubilee Fellowship.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
With proper and accurate project financing, the incumbent, supports the design, planning, and management of the Jubilee Fellowship. In doing so, s/he works in close collaboration with project staff, other staff of the Unit, operations team, Programme and projects staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex programme and operations-related issues, ensuring successful CO performance in Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in development and implementation of the Project’s procurement plan in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Support to coordination of development and implementation of procurement strategies.
- Support to management of procurement processes.
- Promote full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and procedures; implementation of effective internal controls, and analysis of parameters in support of effective design and functioning of procurement support to the CO;
- Support the implementation of effective monitoring and control of procurement processes in CO including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, and contracting in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation;
- Provide on demand on-site and remote procurement services to the CO as required;
- Provide support to the CO in translating corporate procurement policies and procedures into standard operating procedures for CO-level procurement processes; providing inputs to policy changes at corporate level based on CO experience and evolving needs, as needed.
- Secondary Education with 7 years progressive experience or Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management, and specialized courses in Procurement, Economics, or related field is required with 4 years progressive experience.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement related function is a requirement;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Good knowledge of ERP systems (such as PeopleSoft) is desirable;
- Experience with UN/UNDP procurement actions is desirable;
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP Procurement Policies and Procedures is desirable;
- CIPS certificate is an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of UN principles, SDGs and international development in Nigeria;
- Demonstrate the ability to showcase cross-disciplinary and cross-functional experience and expertise.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Language: Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply
The Closing Date: 13 January 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.