Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Project Officer Jobs at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
UNDP Project Officer Jobs 2022 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNDP Nigeria looking for ” Project Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Master’s degree may apply on or before January 17, 2022.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Project Officer Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on January 01, 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of the UN Women’s project on Women’s Leadership and Political Participation
- Ensure that all partners work together to deliver concrete results in compliance with the work plan and the Results Framework
- Facilitate the delivery of the project by leading and promoting a coordinated approach to delivery across different outcomes/outputs
- Support all partners in the implementation of the project through direct assistance and technical/operational advice
- Assist in the systematic monitoring and reporting on project implementation and results
- Participate in the project mid-term review and evaluation in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Assist in managing financial resources for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the project document and the Annual Work Plan (AWP)
- Support the delivery of results and ensure efficient and effective use of resources
- Prepare annual and quarterly progress reports and organize technical meetings for the project
- Actively participate at the regular Technical Working Group (TWG) meetings and assist in organizing meetings of the TWG of the project
- Support the preparation of inputs for different fora, as required
- Identify and support partners engaged in governance and democratization with a view to increase the participation and leadership of women
- Provide secretariat support for the Women’s Political Participation Coordination Group meetings
- Assist in the provision of support to women political candidates and help them build their capacities
- Share lessons learned from different Country Offices (COs) of UN Women on election, political participation and leadership of women
Position in Organization:
- Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
- Application Deadline: 17-Jan-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left: 16d 21h 26m
- Additional Category: Gender Equality
- Type of Contract: Service Contract
- Post Level: SB-5
- Languages Required: English
- Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Management certification would be an added advantage.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant work experience Or 7 years with B.A/B.Sc. Degree, in the area of human rights, governance, development or a related field of which at least two years of professional experience in program/project implementation
- Experience in the implementing programmes for women’s political empowerment is a strong advantage
- Experience in implementing multi-partner programmes, and proven experience in partnership building and networking
- Strong facilitation, training, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of M & E of programmes, proven advocacy, analytical and writing skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
How to Apply
The Closing Date: January 17, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.