Project IT Assistant Jobs at Hollows Foundation
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of the world’s largest and most innovative eye health international development organizations, having restored sight to more than 3 million people around the world. We are an ambitious organization, committed to making a difference and end avoidable blindness, however, we recognize that we cannot do this alone.
Founded in 1992 in honor of late Professor Fred Hollows, world-renowned eye surgeon and social activist from Australia, The Foundation has been one of the fastest-growing international NGOs in healthcare.
It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact.
About the Role
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project IT Assistant will be responsible for supporting network databases and systems, updating system hardware and software, troubleshooting for system errors, and assisting team members in supporting all data security and optimization.
Key responsibilities and outcomes:
• Manage Admin settings, users, data, reporting and other functions
• Support Implementation Team Training
• Technical support for the launch of the country program
• Ensure security of devices and data held on them
• Support relationships with implementing teams/users in-country
• Maintain expertise in the relevant Peek technical products
• Support the smooth running of the program from a technical standpoint
• Liaising with Peek Customer support and users
• Provide first-line technical support to remote users to resolve problems that are reasonably supported in the country.
• To investigate user problems effectively to gain a full picture of the problem leading to the resolution of the same.
• Reproducing user problems in order to support the Peek DevOps team when they come to resolve the issue.
• Responding to Second Line Support and users on the ground in a timely fashion.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
• At least 2 years of working experience in a similar field.
• Has experience reporting in DHIS
• Use Peek’s Customer Support Center (Jira) proactively to resolve program
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience in ODK/KOBO
• Certification in an I.T. support role
• Experience in an (internal or external) IT support role
• Knowledge of smartphones and in particular Android-based devices
• Familiarity with web-based applications e.g. websites, document creation and editing
• Experience in ticketing systems e.g. JIRA
Fluency in written and spoken English as well as the ability to travel domestically including travel to remote locations will also be essential.
How to apply
Applications should be made via our website: https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Alternatively, if you would like further information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at email@example.com Applications sent to this email shall be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: 5th January 2022
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.