Project Accountant job at Migori County,
Migori County is a county in the former Nyanza Province of southwestern Kenya. It is located in western Kenya and borders Homa Bay County, Kisii County, Narok, Tanzania and Lake Victoria to the West. The county also borders Uganda via Migingo Island in Lake Victoria.
The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations and conducting cyclical audits. Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess financial management skills and experience.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field
- CPA (Minimum 2 years)
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and periodicals
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Three (3) years’ experience and at least two (2) working with donor funded organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create ad hoc reports for various business needs.
- Prepare tax documents
- Compile and analyze financial statements
- Manage budgeting and forecasting
How to apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Wednesday 5th January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
Women, People Living With Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER