Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Programme Officer Africa at Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Programme Officer Africa
The Foundation is recruiting a Programme Officer, Africa, TrustLaw. The position would be based in Nairobi and working with our Senior Legal Programme Manager, Africa, to provide support to TrustLaw’s activities across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Based in Thomson Reuters’ offices in either London or Nairobi, the person in this role will:
- Daily management of a large TrustLaw regional portfolio of law firms, corporations, referral partners, NGOs, social enterprises and other key stakeholders
- Recruiting, vetting, managing and engaging NGO, social enterprise, and legal team members of TrustLaw’s network
- Leading or supporting multiple cross-border research and policy advisory projects
- Devising and implementing a regional strategy to expand TrustLaw membership
- Contributing to the TrustLaw Africa annual strategy
- Maintaining a high profile in the region by representing TrustLaw and the Thomson Reuters Foundation by speaking publicly on our work at panels, conferences, or other speaking engagements.
- Creating and executing a robust communications strategy that includes member events and promotion of TrustLaw publications
- Administering the service and the feedback collection process for Africa projects and with our local network.
- Coordinate community engagement initiatives and activities
Key skills and experience
- An exceptional self-starter with 4+ years of work experience, and a passion for social change.
- Top-performing undergraduate background in the field of policy, development, or social change.
- Proven organisational and project management ability
- Experience (paid or unpaid) in policy / social / not for profit sector.
- Experience in legal pro bono, access to justice or using the law as a tool for social change.
- Ability to quickly understand and use new databases, platforms and technology. Experience using Salesforce is a plus
- Experience organising events
- Proven organisational abilities and experience managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- An independent self-starter able to design their own agenda and take responsibility to advance and complete projects
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Please note that the person in this role will need to work, which will require at least two early or late shifts each week
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French extremely desirable – kindly mention this in your cover letter.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 23:59 EAT on 20th September 2021.
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter in English describing how you meet the specifications for this role and provide your availability to start. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thomsonreuters.com.