Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
The Procurement Officer will have the primary responsibility for supporting the procurement function for MGIC Kenya. S/he will ensure the country program’s procurement needs are met in compliance with donor rules and regulations, including 2 CFR 200 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), as well as MGIC policies and procedures and international procurement best practices.
The Procurement Officer will ensure an uninterrupted supply of health and non-health commodities to fulfill the objectives of the Kenyan program. S/he must be able to communicate effectively with program and technical teams and educate others on procurement policy.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, purchasing/procurement, economics, finance or a related field is required; Master’s degree preferred
• CIPS – Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Certification and/or membership
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Procurement of Goods & Services
• Ensure that procurement processes are executed with the highest standards of business integrity and in compliance with donor rules and regulations, as well as MGIC policies and procedures.
• Provide thorough and accurate documentation of procurement processes.
• Ensure procurement records are updated and maintained in accordance with MGIC standards.
• Support management, reporting, and oversight of real or potential conflicts of interest.
2. Procurement Planning
• Work with the country Senior Management Team and Regional Procurement Manager to establish a Procurement Plan at the beginning of each project year, to be updated at least quarterly.
• Establish key lead times for country procurements to be communicated out to staff for planning purposes.
• Minimize lead times and reduce the need for “urgent” requests by improving procurement planning and communication about procurement processes with the country team.
3. Procurement Training & Team Management
• Educate the country team about procurement processes, requirements, and established lead times.
• Support internal clients to understand the importance of providing detailed specifications, planning ahead, and providing feedback about samples and goods/services received.
• Supervise, develop, and evaluate assigned staff. Ensure that procurement team members receive regular and constructive performance feedback, promptly resolve problems, and have an opportunity to develop professionally.
4. Vendor Management
• Conduct a thorough market survey at least every two years to refresh the organization’s preferred vendor list.
• Maintain a vendor database with extensive vendor information, including but not limited to: vendor address and contact information, vendor principal information, physical location verification, etc.
• Closely track vendor performance and develop a list of disallowed vendors based on prior organizational history and client experience.
• Undertake contract management processes for all contracts and orders placed.
• Engage with the in-country and HQ compliance teams to improve the country’s compliance rating.
• Ensure the effectiveness of MGIC’s control environment within the procurement team, and perform regular reviews and spot-checks of procurements to ensure sufficient supporting documentation is in place, compliance with regulations and policies, etc.
• Along with the Senior Management Team, provide a strong “tone at the top” for compliance within the organization.
6. Performance Management
• Monitor, review status of tasks and update management on the progress of the department’s functions.
• Evaluate procurement performance using key performance indicators used to monitor procurement process
7. Support & Collaboration
• Collaborate with leadership to promote a safe and inclusive work environment.
• Liaise with finance and other departments to ensure invoice payments are properly documented and processed in a timely manner.
• Engage with key staff outside the country office team to promote procurement best practices.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.