PARKLANDS BAPTIST CHURCH
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Position: Human Resource Officer
To oversee all aspects pertaining to the sourcing, development, management and retention of quality
Human Resource required to deliver PBC’s Vision, Mission and strategic plan.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Human Resource function to ensure optimum compliment control and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement the overall HR Plan as per the PBC strategic vision.
- Implement the annual HR work plan and budget, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of HR activities in line with the approved annual staffing budget.
- Implement board decisions and resolutions through the Administration & Staffing Committee(ASC) and act as secretariat to the Committee.
- Formulate, review and implement HR policies and procedures to realize smooth running of the organization.
- Manage recruitment processes to ensure that PBC has competent staff at all times and coordinate on boarding of new employees.
- Manage staff employment contracts, ensuring timely engagements, renewals/terminations as approved and in keeping with HR policy and Labour laws provisions.
- Enforce the Staff Performance Management system through setting of targets, monitoring and evaluation of performance so as to achieve sustained individual and organizational growth.
- Oversee staff training and development to ensure continuous improvement of competency levels, addressing training gaps/needs to enhance productivity and promote career development.
- Manage staff compensation and benefits, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and integrity in the administration of payroll, pension, medical and life insurance schemes.
- Provide HR support and guidance to PBC affiliates – branches/plants, Mission stations and school.
- Oversee and ensure up to date and accurate staff records and filing system, ensuring utmost confidentiality of employment records.
- Coordinate staff welfare/wellness services to ensure a healthy and motivated workforce.
- Manage industrial relations, employing conflict resolution techniques and other suitable mechanisms to ensure a harmonious work place at all times.
- Oversee clearance processes for departing staff, ensuring completeness of relevant documentation and timely payment of their final dues as well as issuance of certificate of service.
- Anyother duty as may be assigned by the Team Leader or ASC.
This list may change subject to the dynamic needs of the Church.
Personal & Professional attributes:
- Must be a loyal and confident Christian, having a personal relationship with Christ and a regular and active member of a recognized Church congregation of like faith as PBC.
- Must be a person of high integrity and professionalism.
- Must be a strategic thinker with people management skills.
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgment, knowing what should/should not be released to staff /stakeholders, and ability to tackle problem situations wisely.
- Ability to counsel with and assist staff in meeting the requirements of the church Human Resource Policy.
- Must be a team player with social skills to engage in collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Sensitivityto staff problems and ability to interpret their opinion.
- Understandingof and an appreciation for people enabling him/her to work well with people at all levels, able to empathize and yet remain objective.
- Willingnessto work diligently towards the advancement of the cause of the Kingdom of God, and to do so without need for personal public recognition.
- Degree in HR from a recognized institution
- Post-Graduate Diploma in HR management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a Christian-based institution or NGO is an added advantage.
- Understanding of Church structures, procedures, programming and protocol in Human Resource
Work will be performed in a normal office environment and occasionally working beyond normal working hours to meet deadlines and participate in Church meetings. Interaction is with staff members, members of governance boards, volunteers, church members and congregants, clients and vendors of PBC Sunday is a normal working day.
If you feel adequately suited for this role and can greatly contribute to our vision, apply through firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach your cover letter and detailed CV as one document. Please DO NOT attach your academic certifications. Provide three referees, one being your pastoral reference.
Indicate your expected salary. Adherence to application guidelines is important.
The email subject line should indicate the position you are applying for. Receipt of applications closes on Thursday, 20th May 2021. Only email applications shall be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.