Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Specialists Jobs at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
FAO Kenya looking for “Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Specialists”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 4th Jan 2022.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Specialists Jobs
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Specialists to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
FAO Job Vacancy
Specifically, the specialists will undertake the following tasks:
- Supporting development of nutrition messages and Information, Education and Communication materials (IEC) using existing resources materials, to inform social behaviour change communication initiatives
- Support towards refresher trainings on agri-nutrition targeted at community based facilitators
- Technical backstopping on community level agri-nutrition trainings in Turkana County
- Support establishment of healthy facilities, schools and County HQ vegetable demo – plots
- Planning for Scientific Conference
- Joint monitoring activities in Marsabit County
- Documentation of success stories
- Contribute to development of Concept notes and proposals for activities to be up scaled
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 20/Dec/2021
- Closure Date: 04/Jan/2022, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRKEN
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi
- Duration: 5 MONTHS
- Post Number: N/A
- University degree in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics; Food Science or related courses.
- 3 years’ experience implementing nutrition sensitive agriculture projects, coordinating multiple stakeholders, budgeting and organizing training workshops.
The Closing Date: 4th Jan 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.