About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from Pre-primary through Secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 13 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit http://www.novapioneer.com.
About The Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Maintaining daily hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and prep kitchen.
- Championing food safety in the department.
- Assisting with food preparations.
- Serving meals to students and teammates.
- Collecting feedback from customers.
- Attending team meetings and training.
- Any other duty as assigned by the sous chef.
- Ensuring sink is always clean with clean dish rack
Skills and Qualifications required
- Form 4 certificate
- Certificate in Catering & Accommodation or Housekeeping
- You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are able to work well and meet strict deadlines with minimum supervision.
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Work experience is preferred but not a must.
To apply for this job please visit novaacademies.applytojob.com.