INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER
NKCC/HR.709 / ISM/ 02/06/2021
Reporting to the Head of ICT the Information Security Manager will be responsible for securing the enterprise information by managing its design, implementation, and enforcing the security controls, safeguards, policies, and procedures while maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the ICT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Participate in the development of policies, standards and procedures and ensure they support compliance with organizational, legal, and statutory requirements.
- Oversee dissemination of policies and procedures through-out New KCC.
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of the security policies and submit regular compliance reports.
- Develop and implement an Incident reporting and response system to address security breaches and co-ordinate with the relevant external authorities.
- Develop and implement an on-going risk assessment program that targets information security and privacy matters, recommend methods for vulnerability assessment, and oversee vulnerability testing.
- Be part of the recovery planning and keep abreast with all security related legislations, regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities that affect New KCC and its mission.
- Eight (8) year’s relevant work experience, at least 4 years in a similar position in a comparable organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field
- Linux certification, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)/Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or related certification.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks cumulative.
Key Competencies and skills
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial capabilities.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Possesses good problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with network computer applications – WAN, LAN, Email Infrastructure
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send HARD COPIES of your applications quoting the Name of Position and Reference Number applied for on the covering letter and ENVELOPE, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonies and contacts of at least three references and daytime telephone contacts to:
The Managing Director
New Kenya Co-operative Creameries
Ltd P.O. Box 30131 — 00100
NB: Please note that all applications MUST be sent through the above address NOT later than date specified. Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications shall not be considered.
“New KCC is an equal opportunity Employer and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.”
To apply for this job please visit www.newkcc.co.ke.