Network Security Administrator Job, Current IT Jobs Kenya,
Our client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is seeking to recruit results driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the position of a Network Security Administrator.
The Network & Security Administrator reports to the ICT Manager and is responsible for identification of network security requirements for all ICT systems in the corporation and providing support to end users. The successful jobholder will:
- Providing guidance to the corporation for the creation and implementation of a corporate-wide network security program.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware and ensure that periodic security risk assessments are conducted.
- Monitoring activities in coordination with the Corporation’s other compliance and audit functions
- Coordination of the day to day administration of the network using installed benchmark standards and act as custodian of all network maps and documentation of all sites.
- Recommend and authenticate all changes to be done on the network as well as testing and approval of installed network components and ensure full and secure functionality.
- Ensure that the corporation adheres to, promotes copyright law application and does not violate same through use of illegitimate software.
- Develop and implement an ICT security policy ensuring that the Corporation complies with relevant laws, regulations and ICT global professional standards.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to create information security awareness within the corporation and undertake training of employees and ICT team on ICT security.
- Plan, Implement and monitor for all running information systems; and
- Coordinate installation, monitoring and maintenance of all servers and all internal and external backup-systems.
- Bachelors’ degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from a recognised University
- Possess a minimum of three (3) years successive working experience in design, specification, installation, administration and support of Local/Wireless and Wide area computer networks
- Be in possession of a valid Network security certification in one or more relevant professional certifications: Linux/ Oracle/ Microsoft/ Cisco, etc
- Advanced certifications specific to IT and business systems governance such as Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)are an added advantage
- Membership to reputable local or professional bodies such as Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) is an added advantage
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of network installation, maintenance as well as network security and access control.
Key Competencies for all positions:
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position;
- Highly analytical individual with ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance; and
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Valid Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance Certificate/ Valid Compliance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Duly completed and stamped First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from EACC
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Remuneration & Employment Terms
- Grade 11 – Gross: Ksh. 165, 749 – 230,715 per month
- All positions will be on a three (3) year renewable contract and successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.