Network Account Manager Job, Jobs in Kenya, Jobs, Jobs Today in Kenya, Job Vacancies in Kenya, Jobs in Nairobi Today, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Part Time jobs in Kenya
Network Account Manager – Africa
Context of the role
Reporting to The Global Head of Network and dotted to the SVP, Africa, this role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya overseeing the optimisation of Thunes’ receiving partners across Africa. You’ll be responsible for making Thunes’ s partners successful, and for using customer feedback to drive improvements in our product and processes. You’re a natural people person who isn’t afraid to get scrappy to solve customer issues; you’re excited to become an expert in the high-growth technology businesses that rely on Thunes; you’re an energized and organized self-starter.
The ideal candidate should be independent, possesses high level of initiative and handles concerns/issues received from partners seriously. This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
Main focus areas are (a) improving quality of service (minimize failures and drive straight-through-processing), (b) optimize our costs, FX and funding models and (c) activate corridors and drive flows into Africa.
The role involves travel, a travel frequency of 20% is likely, potentially more if required
What we are looking for
At Thunes to ensure we set out clear expectations for the business and you to succeed, it is equally important for us in defining not only the nature of the role responsibilities but that the cultural fit in working style and approach is a match! So please read carefully below before putting yourself forward.
• Minimally bachelor’s degree in business, finance, IT related discipline
• ~ 5 years+ experience in a senior role in account management, operations or service quality, consulting, or a related field
• Has extensive hands-on experience of working with cross border payment flows, operations, and frictionless payments
• Has worked with mobile wallets operators/banks/other financial institutions or remittance business with a multi-country remit in Africa
• Operationally focused, with unwavering tenacity to see projects through to success, through execution by using planning, data, metrics, and organizational structures
• Able to engage in and navigate fast-paced discussions internally and externally to drive positive outcome
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships across all levels
• Ability to interface seamlessly with a global multicultural team
• Possesses passion for the payments space and dares to push boundaries and create value
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a passion for new technologies
• Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities, possesses strong organizational skills and deal with uncertainties
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Improving quality of service (QoS) of our pay-out network working closing with the relevant account managers and various internal functions to implement process or product improvements
• Ensures quick and accurate responses to operational or QoS issues
• Liaises with internal team (e.g. Technology, Customer Care, Product, and Treasury) to troubleshoot any issues quickly and effectively
• Builds and drives strong relationships with key partner contacts and leverage on these to achieve the best possible experience
• Becomes a payment expert through delivering expertise, educating, leading, and guiding partners and Thunes internal stakeholders on service quality, corridor activation and ensuring straight-through-process and eliminating any friction
• Work with the various sales and account management teams and treasury to reduce costs and optimize our FX or funding models.
• Shares feedback internally by consolidating partners’ feedback and evaluating the evolution of partners’ and Thunes needs
• Collaborates with Thunes colleagues and works with available resources on internal and customer-facing projects
To apply for this job please visit www.thunes.com.