Broadcast Production Manager Job
Nation Media Group PLC seeks to recruit experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the position of Production Manager in the Nation Broadcasting Division.
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Broadcasting, the Production Manager will be responsible for all local content produced by the department. In an environment where audience habits are changing fast, this role will ensure that Nation Broadcasting Division productions maintain the sharpness, creativity and ambition to make an impact in the market.
- Ensure all internally produced content adheres stringently to all relevant Nation Media Group PLC (NMG) policies & standards;
- Be the lead expert and Nation Broadcasting Division’s focal point for matters concerning all internally produced programs across all platforms;
- Oversee the work of producers, news directors and presenters;
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the production unit and management of the team and developing new, creative and efficient ways of working;
- Enforce timely delivery of well researched, well planned and professionally produced and presented internal productions;
- Lead collaboration on projects with other departments to make the best use of resources and ensure joined productions to deliver the greatest impact;
- Manage performance and conduct appraisals of supervisees;
- Deploy and assign to producers, directors, presenters, autocue operators and design play out staff where appropriate;
- Lead strategic planning on the production of all content and maximize the impact of the content across all platforms to build audiences and increase audience approval;
- Foster an environment of productive employee relations and respond to and anticipate challenges from staff, audiences and other stakeholders;
- Ensure the production team in collaboration with Digital and the Broadcast Infrastructure unit produce weekly digital videos, write for the website and other social platforms and promote production content in an engaging format with the audience;
- Interact weekly with other sections within Nation Broadcasting Division to identify and implement joint projects;
- Deputize the Head of Broadcasting when required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Production, Broadcasting, Communications or related field;
- Eight (8) years’ and above experience in program directing, production and editing. Production skills are mandatory;
- Organized, keen and able to work without supervision;
- Ability to interpret long-term plans, programs, SOPS and budgets developed at senior management level and coordination of workflows;
- Strategic management skills;
- Interpersonal, communication and leadership skills;
Project management skills;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
To apply for this job please visit career.staffingsoft.com.