Website Independent Policing Oversight Authority
IPOA/HR/15/2021; MONITORING OFFICER I, IPOA GRADE 6
(CONSOLIDATED SALARY KES. 90,000–130,000)
The Monitoring Officer will be responsible to Director, Inspections Research and Monitoring through the Head of inspection and Monitoring. This is the entry grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Senior Monitoring Officer.
• Must be a citizen of Kenya.
• Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya (Clearance certificates to be presented during the interview).
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Public Administration, Criminology & Criminal Justice, Sociology, Political Science, Human Rights, Social Sciences, Military or Police degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications.
Required behavioural and Functional skills:
• A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
• Demonstrate high ethical standards;
• Be an effective communicator with excellent Dispute Resolution skills, monitoring skills and negotiations skills
• Transparency and accountability
• Creativity and innovation
• Data analysis and Analytical skills
• Report writing skills
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number on the cover letter and envelope or email subject line, together with IPOA Employment form, detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 7th December, 2021 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100,
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website http://www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview. IPOA does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting or interview).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.