Website North Star Alliance
• Works with senior leadership, staff, consultants and external partners to define data needs, align and enhance the organization’s technological capacity, analyze and report data in forms that are useful and relevant to meet the operating, decision-making and reporting needs.
• Supports the coordination of training and technical support needed to implement appropriate processes/protocols for timely, consistent data collection and reporting aligned with program, training, management and reporting needs
• Ensures that all data collection processes, used for internal and/or external purposes are aligned with the organization’s as well as project goals and priorities.
• Identifies and recommends cost effective strategies for enhancing North Star Alliance’s data collection, tracking and management capacity, including providing training and technical assistance.
• Implement established standards for data reporting and ensure that reports are produced and disseminated in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provides regular guidance, technical assistance and training to staff in support of data collection, tracking and utilization activities.
• Works with management to inform, design and promote linkages between data collection and utilization with program design, operations, assessment, and quality control for the purpose of performance improvement.
• Provide administrative and logistical assistance with third-party evaluations. Create dissemination documents on North Star Alliance’s work for internal and external stakeholders including dashboards/scorecards, website, organizational partners and donors. Other projects and responsibilities as needed to advance the strategic data management and institutional learning priorities of North Star Alliance.
• Carry out Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) and follow up for necessary system strengthening
• Any other duties which may be assigned by the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager from time to time.
Education & Experience
• Degree in Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation/ Statistics/ Research with previous project management experience in public health.
• Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
• 3 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Proven experience in research, project planning and risk management.
• Experience in data entry, analysis, and reporting required.
• Ability to communicate sophisticated technical information into accessible and meaningful information for use in decision making and program improvement.
• Experience in applied evaluation and data tracking and utilization to inform program improvement required.
• Proven experience in people management.
• Working knowledge of USG and Global Fund funded projects is a must.
• Computer Literacy and Competence essential.
• Must be in possession of a valid and current passport, driver’s license and be prepared to travel outside the border of East Africa
• Be accustomed to working with people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online (indicating your expected salary) on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th December 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.