Website Nyati Sacco
The Head of Business and Marketing will be responsible for the growth strategy, implementation of initiatives that will increase revenue, provide key insight on market and trends, manage content acquisition/partnership, help to develop and manage clients, carry out from time-to-time industry research and insights, and help the business make strategic decisions. He/ She shall on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, provide a work plan of action, in line with overall goal.
The incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Coming up with practical plans and strategies to promote business growth
- Manages and maintains a good relationship with all the clients
- Reaches out to the market to establish new clients
- Develops initiatives and programs to promote the Sacco’s products to the targeted market alongside value proposition
- Drafts all business proposals
- Engages business stakeholders in business related negotiations
- Assesses and evaluates the Sacco’s business strengths in the limelight of customer needs
- Conducts thorough research concerning profitable business opportunities and promising income streams
- Adheres to useful industrial trends in the market space
- Writes and conducts review of business contracts
- Analyzes and gives reports concerning the strengths and weaknesses of the Sacco
- Generates leads and efficiently keeps regular contacts with existing prospects and presents the same to senior management for approval.
- Understanding and keeping up-to-date with constant developments in the Sacco market
- Identifies areas for expansion and development
- Develops a targeted long-term new business strategy.
- Creates weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market performance
- Delivers against these targets to ensure revenue expectations are met
- Works closely with the marketing Section to develop bespoke campaigns to relevant prospects
- Maximizing networking opportunities and regularly using conferences, events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a further network of contacts
The job holder should have the following qualifications Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- A Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Economics or a business-related field from a recognized university
- Possession of a Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Post graduate training in marketing or Business Administration or Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years relevant Management experience in a busy deposit taking Sacco or any other financial institution, five (5) years of these being in a Senior Management Position in Marketing and Business Development preferably within the co- operative movement.
- Strong analytical and numeric skills
- A proven track record in organization and problem-solving skills for effective and prompt decision making.
- Sound knowledge in Deposit taking Sacco, regulatory ‘s (SASRA) guidelines governing DTS’s
- Proficiency in Computer applications especially in accounting packages and Systems.
Must demonstrate the following attributes / Skills
- Creative and innovative, and People management
- Proposal Writing and Business prospecting
- Development of a Business Plan and Marketing
- Have unquestionable integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position by emailing an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 17th December 2021. Ensure you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.