Website Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
LWF School Meal Program Officer Jobs at Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
LWF School Meal Program Officer Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. LWF Kenya looking for “School Meal Program Officer”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 13th Jan 2022.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of national and regional Lutheran denominations headquartered in the Ecumenical Centre in Geneva, Switzerland. The federation was founded in the Swedish city of Lund in the aftermath of the Second World War in 1947 to coordinate the activities of the many differing Lutheran churches. Since 1984, the member churches are in pulpit and altar fellowship, with common doctrine as the basis of membership and mission activity.
LWF School Meal Program Officer Jobs 2022
The LWF has published a job vacancy announcement for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of School Meal Program Officer to be based in Garissa, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
LWF Job Vacancy 2022
- Provide leadership and a sense of direction to the School meals program (SMP) monitors and head teachers on the clearly set objectives of SMP. In addition to this, the position holder orients the head teachers and SMP monitors on the strategies and modalities of achieving the set objectives of the program.
- Liaise with senior education officer and WFP field staff to sensitize the stakeholders on the importance of SMP in meeting education objectives.
- Representing LWF in food coordination meetings and sharing the minutes with senior education officer.
- The position holder will supervise SMP monitors and Head Teachers and closely scrutinizes the performance and the quality of their service delivery.
- The position holder will give professional advice to SMP monitors so that they carry out their monitoring activities which will in turn help them to monitor food usage and impact on learners’ school attendance and academic performance thus helping them carry out their duty in a manner that is consistent to the general objectives of LWF/WS Kenya-Somalia Project.
- The position holder will inculcate in his subordinates a spirit of team work, build confidence, motivate and encourage high performance.
- The position holder positively will relate and liaise with, LWF, WFP/UNHCR and staff from the other implementing partners’ and community leaders in a manner that promotes good relationship.
- Attending at WFP monthly/annual food coordination meetings and sharing the findings.
Position in Organization:
- Dadaab, Garissa County,
- At least a degree in education (B.ED) from a recognized university or any other social science with additional training in logistics, candidates with a diploma in logistics may be considered.
- At least 3 years of experience in in a similar capacity.
How to Apply
The Closing Date: 13th Jan 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.