Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization, and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Position Title: Logistics Officer
Department: Supply chain
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Adama
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite Term Contingent upon funding of the JEOP Program
Reports To: PDP Manager
Application Deadline: November 21, 2021
You will coordinate the implementation of all day-to-day logistics activities to ensure all programs and operations have the goods and services needed when they need them in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate commodity and logistics needs and challenges and the implementation of solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
• Coordinate with the supply chain team and relevant programming staff on logistics services that meet the pipeline requirements. Help identify challenges in supply chain management and provide recommendations to address those.
• Support the implementation of delivery operations from the arrival of goods in-country (or local purchase point) to the warehouses and on to the final distribution centers in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements
• Collaborate and communicate with the procurement team to ensure they receive timely purchase requisitions with comprehensive specifications, delivery schedules, and other terms and conditions, including for labeling, branding, and marking.
• Provide regular coaching and support to CRS and partner staff and laborers to ensure they have the capacity to implement accurately, consistently, and transparently commodity logistics processes and to abide by security, safety, and health requirements.
• Help coordinate and supervise activities related to commodity receipt, transportation, distribution, and disposal. Liaise with surveyors, C&F agents, the Transport Officer, partners, and other parties to ensure the timely receipts and distribution of goods.
• Maintain updated files with all required logistics documents and ensure all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and/or review all reports prior to submission per distribution requirements.
• Provide the necessary support for food monitoring activities, monitoring emergency food aid program and development food aid program commodities and in the absence of PDP manager supervise all PDP staffs in performing the responsibilities as required.
• Help on Implementing inventory control systems for proper Commodities and goods handling and accounting. Conduct cycle counts for inventory accuracy and performs regular inspections to minimize risk. Support complete physical inventories as needed.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Trusting Relationships
• Professional Growth
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• MA/MSc Or BA /BSc Degree in a relevant field
• 3 years of relevant experience is required for MA/MSc of which 1 year is in a senior position, OR
• BA/BSC degree in a related field of study with 4 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of political dynamics along the chain, infrastructure, market knowledge, as well as related laws and regulations.
• Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio). Experience with commodity tracking systems is a plus.
• Good planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
• Good analytical skills with the ability to make independent judgments and decisions
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment
How to apply
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/213152317036546 and attach your up-to-date CV on/before the application deadline of November 21, 2021
You will be contacted only if selected for a written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
Qualified women & persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.