Logistics Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, SOP’s and donor requirements
- Implement delegated logistic functions portfolio according to Plan of Action
- Conduct and follow up daily operational logistic activities
- Support the administration of resources so that deliverables are achieved within set budgets, timelines and standards
- Prepare and develop logistic reports as required by Country office
- Support in development of SOPs as requested
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistic function
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
- Working with the Technical Procurement Assistant in ensuring cost effective and value for money in procurement of goods, works and services.
- In charge of Asset, Fleet and Warehouse management including reporting.
- Develop framework and service agreements for goods and services with a view towards VFM and cost savings
- Review and advise on new and in use templates used in the procurement of goods and services
- Train and capacity build staff on warehouse, fleet & asset management and effectively provide supervision and guidance to the Logistics Assistant and casuals working within Logistics on various occasions.
- Receive and compile monthly reports from the area offices for review by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Deputise the Logistics Coordinator for Kenya at Nairobi level and act during periods of absence in management of the country logistics unit.
- Relevant university degree/Diploma/Advanced Certificates preferably in Logistics or equivalent work experience.
- Membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Proficiency and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office application e.g word, excel, powerpoint highly desired.
- Previous work experience working as a Logistician will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of various donor’s requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in the English language, both oral and written.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of using Web based procurement ERP systems such as Agresso/UNIT4 is an advantage but not mandatory.
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.