IT RISK SPECIALIST
We are a leading Insurance company affiliated to Liberty Group; a wealth management company represented in 18 African countries. We have a solid Employee Value Proposition in place, and we are proud to be among Kenya’s top 10 employers. We use our knowledge and action to guide our customers on their journey to financial freedom. We believe in responding to the changing consumer and market needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes. To help us advance this goal, we are seeking a talented, self-motivated and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the position of IT Risk Specialist.
This role is responsible for monitoring overall information technology risk, maintaining an activeview, and reporting on the actual, mitigated and residual risk in the IT systems of Liberty Life Kenya & Heritage Insurance Kenya
- Implement the IT Risk Management Strategy and Framework for the company
- Perform periodic review of IT Policies and procedures to incorporate new changes and system upgrades for better service delivery
- Conduct IT security assessment for new IT business applications and IT infrastructure projects to verify their safety before use
- Implement information systems controls to mitigate risk
- Facilitatet identification of metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to enable themeasurement of information systems control performance in meeting business objectives
- Assessa recommend tools to automate information systems control processes
- Keep up to date on emerging cyber security threats and ways to counter the threats for assured protection of the company’s information
- Perform on-going compliance risk assessments, testing and monitoring and facilitate remediation of control deficiencies based on observations or findings from compliance monitoring and internal audit in the system
- Ensureall controls are assigned control owners to establish accountability
- Conduct training and awareness initiatives on IT risk and compliance matters to ensure that a compliance and risk culture is embedded within the organisation
- Develop reports on the IT security status in the company for informing future decisions and assessment of current systems
- At least 6 years experience as Information Risk Specialist/or Information Technology Auditor or similar role.
- Experience in financial services is an added advantage
- In depth understanding of insurance operations and concepts
- Knowledge of IT systems and business processes
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques
- Good grounding in risk response strategies
- Understanding of risk management policies
- Excellent organizational and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent business communications and negotiations skills
- Self-driven with a high affinity for results
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to email@example.com by 30th June 2021. Clearly state the job title on the subject heading.
Liberty is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity.
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.